Reload this Page >

Travel to Belfast

Search

Travel to Belfast

Search this Thread

Old Feb 14th, 2002, 11:37 AM
Laura

Travel to Belfast

Any hints on places not to miss in Belfast? Hotels? I'm going in the summer.

Old Feb 20th, 2002, 06:19 PM
Jennifer

Try the McCausland - very trendy

Old Feb 20th, 2002, 07:50 PM
ttt

to the top<BR>

Old Feb 21st, 2002, 08:09 AM
Ann

Hotels--haven't been in McCausland's, but since McCausland also rents cars, to me it's like staying at the Avis Hotel. An alternative would be Jury's. I hate the Jury's hotels I've stayed in the south, as they're usually dirty and overpriced, but I was pleasantly surprised by the Jury's in Belfast. It's near the Europa, so it's a good location, and it's cheaper and nicer than the Europa. There's also the Wellington Park, but the location's not as nice.<BR><BR>There have been a few of these postings recently with some very good, detailed info, so just do a search.

Old Apr 12th, 2002, 12:31 AM
sam

I just stayed in the jury's belfast. it WAS dirty and overpriced. stained carpet and box spring. unhelpful staff. GBP 5 continental breakfast (rip off). paid parking. I would go for the travel lodge across the street for GBP 42.50 or a bed and breakfast closer to the university. They range 40-50 pounds a night for 2 people including breakfast with street parking. also check the holiday inn. 50 pounds including breakfast. probably cleaner than dirty Jury's

Old Apr 12th, 2002, 10:59 AM
Ann

Thanks, Sam. I'll have to pop back into Jury's next week when I'm over. I've been recommending it to people, but from what you've said, sounds like it's slipped quite a bit.<BR><BR>I was just there in January, and I didn't see the Travel Lodge.

Old Apr 25th, 2002, 12:03 PM
Renee

Has anyone stayed at the Tara Lodge in Belfast?

Old Apr 29th, 2002, 02:45 PM
DarrenA

Just to point out that the McCausland hotel has nothing whatsover to do with McCausland car rental! If I recall correctly, McCausland was the name of one of the companies which built the building in the 1800s (?)