To/From Belfast Airport

Old Apr 14th, 2002, 06:22 PM
Renee

To/From Belfast Airport

I will be flying into Belfast to stay for a few days next month. I do not plan to rent a car (I hate driving here, I don't want to do it in a foreign country!). Does anyone have advice on the best way to get from the airport to my hotel? Are the black cabs I've heard about reasonably priced and easy to find?
Thanks!

Old Apr 15th, 2002, 07:45 AM
Ann

Which airport? Aldergrove or the City airport? Where's your hotel? If you're flying into city, and your hotel's in Belfast, just take a cab, as the airport's very close to the city. There are always a bunch outside. Doesn't matter whether it's a black taxi or not.

If you're coming from Aldergrove, it's going to cost you to take a cab all of the way into the city. If you don't mind paying 35-50 pounds, then get a cab. But you can also catch a bus, I think. Again, you shouldn't have a problem getting a taxi. If you do, just ask one of the airport employees where to find one.

Old Apr 15th, 2002, 12:07 PM
Margaret

Hope this is helpful.

http://www.bial.co.uk/
http://www.belfastcityairport.com/

Enjoy your stay in Belfast!

Old Apr 25th, 2002, 10:17 AM
Renee

Thanks for your reposonses.
I'm coming into the Belfast City airport. I didn't realize there was a Belfast International airport as well. I assume they're two separate airports but don't know, which one is closer to downtown?

Old Apr 25th, 2002, 11:28 AM
Margaret

Belfast City Airport is closer to downtown. I believe the airport is called Belfast Harbour Airport?

The International Airport is on the outskirts of Belfast.

Old Apr 29th, 2002, 03:47 PM
DarrenA

Belfast City Airport is called just that - in the old days it was known as Belfast Harbour Airport (hence the code BHD)