Travel from Venice to Krakow

Old Sep 5th, 2007, 03:31 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Travel from Venice to Krakow

Can anyone tell me the cheapest and easiest way to travel from Venice to Krakow. I'm having difficulty finding reasonably priced flights, and I'm not able to find either rail or bus routes even though I'm sure they must be around.

Please Help!
Old Sep 5th, 2007, 04:21 AM

did you look into flying into Warsaw and then taking a train? Lot flies direct between the two cities, but I don't know the price, not knowing when you're traveling.

Trains run between Krakow and Warsaw hourly and the trip runs under three hours. The intercity express is a very nice train and the scenery is lovely, particularly after about the first hour out of Warsaw heading to Krakow.
Old Sep 5th, 2007, 04:40 AM
Original Poster

sorry, I should have made that clear - I'm travelling in early November - around the 9th/10th
Old Sep 5th, 2007, 06:44 AM

Can you fly out of Bologna? CentralWings.com has flights from Bologna to Krakow on Nov 7 or 11 for 29.88 per person, taxes included!
Old Sep 5th, 2007, 08:33 AM

Why can't you find a rail route? Both cities have train stations, so you can get between them by train somehow. Of course you won't find a nonstop train that entire distance. Venice to Vienna, then Vienna to Krakow seems one possibility (I know there is a direct train from Vienna to Krakow, as I was on it). That's very far, so it's going to take about 15 hours. You probably will have trouble finding a price quote on tickets that cross countries like that, though.

I checked, and even Raileurope shows that route schedule (which is surprising as they often won't show long trips that involve changes) but I wouldn't use them for booking or price ideas, of course. But they can give you an idea of schedules. Or try www.bahn.de

YOu aren't going to find any bus that goes from Venice to Krakow direct.