Search

Trastevere

Search this Thread

Old Oct 13th, 2005, 12:05 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Trastevere

Hi all,

We are looking to stay in the Trastevere area in Rome. Any ideas if this is the best place to stay with a two year old? Any other suggestions. We are finding accomodation at about 140 Euros/night. Is this reasonable
Old Oct 13th, 2005, 06:41 AM

http://www.romanreference.com/ check out Roman Reference.
-------------------------------
Although I don't see #371 listed now, we rented it for 650 EUROS for one week stay.!!

---------------------------------
Our apartment in Trastevere, Rome was offered by Roman Reference #371 LARGO ANZANI 50sq.mts., set on the first floor. Central heating, phone (only receiving), wm, tv, a/c, elevator, balcony. Nice one bedroom with a pull out sofa in the living room. The table with chairs, full kitchen, and bath with shower were perfect for three people!

Ad reads: TRASTEVERE - LARGO ANZANI
Nearby Porta Portese market (sundays mornings only), 15 minute walk from Piazza S. Maria in Trastevere, nearby tram #8 riding every 3min. to Largo di Torre Argentina (Pantheon, Navona, Campo de' Fiori);

Old Oct 13th, 2005, 03:54 PM

Is there a reason you are wanting to stay in this area? Do you plan on walking to most places or using public transportation?
Old Oct 13th, 2005, 04:03 PM

Received 21 Likes on 2 Posts
We just got back from Italy last week. We stayed at Hotel Santa Maria in Trastevere. With Rick Steves Rome or Italy book, the cost is 165 Euros a night (in cash).

We loved the area. If the hotel stays anywhere near that price, I would stay there again in a heartbeat. They had a great spread at night and a good bar where you could purchase wine or cocktails. The people who work there were all terrific.

I highly recommend it, and Trastevere will always be our homa in Roma.
Old Oct 13th, 2005, 11:23 PM
Original Poster

Hi again, thanks all for the feedback. I was reading that Trastevere was hip anc colorful neighborhood which is why I thought it would be nice to stay there for a couple of nights.
Old Oct 14th, 2005, 12:28 AM

We enjoyed being in Trastever the last time we were in Rome and after having been to that city several times it was a nice change for us. For some, it is a welcome change from the usual tourist-clogged areas although more and more tourists seem to have discovered Trastevere these days.

Regardless of where you stay in Rome I suspect you'll be walking or taking other transportation to <b>some</b>place or other so I wouldn't be put off by that possible aspect of things.
Old Oct 14th, 2005, 04:23 AM

My family and I stayed at the Trastevere Manara Hotel on the Via L. Manara. The room was great, extremely spacious, and we even had a microwave and a full size refrigerator in the room. It's a very family oriented hotel!
Old Oct 14th, 2005, 12:45 PM

We also stayed at the Hotel Santa Maria and loved it. Very clean, charming courtyard, great breakfast and nice staff. We walked all over Rome and it was nice to come &quot;home&quot; at night to this area.
Old Oct 15th, 2005, 08:13 AM

i just got back last week from a week long stay in Trastevere. I chose it for the same reasons you are. It's like this... once you cross the river Rome is soooo touristy it's like Disney World. When you go back home to Trastever you are back in a quiet neighborhood again. And at night the place is booming with shops and 100s of restaraunts but w/out the traffic. I think if you have a 2 yr old this is perfect. You wont have to wory about crazy Italian drivers. It reminds me of Soho in NYC...part of Manhatten but quainter.
Also, You can walk to the coliseum in 10 minutes, Vatican in 15min along the river. We walked everywhere, I did not take 1 bus the entire trip.
I also had a FULL apartment with marble tile and the whole bit for 90e a night. i will blog back with the info on that...