Transportation FCO to and from Rome

Search

Search this Thread

Old Nov 1st, 2007, 05:11 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

What would be an economical way to get from FCO to Rome and back again to the airport. We will be driving from Tuscany, but plan to return the car at the airport and then take transportation into Rome for a couple of days and then back to the airport.
Old Nov 1st, 2007, 08:13 PM

For how many people?

A reserved car/shuttle service or taxi might be anywhere from 35-50 euros directly to your hotel. Public transport via Leonardo Express train from FCO to Roma Termini station costs about 10 euros per person, and then you still must get to your hotel via cab or public transport. For two or more, the direct service by car costs about the same, unless you can walk to your hotel from Termini.
Old Nov 1st, 2007, 10:09 PM

Put Rome transportation up in the search box and you will find hundreds of answers to your question.
Old Nov 2nd, 2007, 02:00 AM

Hi Linda - The following car shuttle services get good reviews here:

www.limoservicerome.com
www.airportshuttle.it

Hope this helps ...

Steve
Old Nov 2nd, 2007, 03:11 AM

Depending on where you are going in Rome it may be more convenient to take the local train rather than the Leonardo Express to the Termini station. It is about half the price. The local train is marked "Fara Sabina" and leaves from the track opposite the express. Fare is I think 5.5 euros/pp. It stops at the Trastevere station and the Ostiense station (near Piramide Metro stop)
Bus/tram/metro service from the train is 1 euro pp so doesn't add much to the cost.
We rented an apartment in the ghetto section of the historic center and found the local train plus tram #8 was the most convenient local transit option.
Old Nov 2nd, 2007, 04:52 AM

Hi

My wife and I took the Leonardo Express into town as we had a hotel near Termini. So that was the most economical for us. You can find some more details in my Rome trip report: http://gardkarlsen.com/rome_italy.htm

Where are you going in Tuscany? My wife and I went there in July and it was very nice. Here is the Tuscany trip report: http://gardkarlsen.com/tuscany_italy_travelogue.htm

Have a great trip.

regards
Gard
http://gardkarlsen.com - trip reports and pictures