Go Back  Fodor's Travel Talk Forums > Destinations > Europe
Reload this Page >

Transportaion questions from Cdg to Saint Cloud and carte Orange specifics into Paris from Saint Cloud

Search

Transportaion questions from Cdg to Saint Cloud and carte Orange specifics into Paris from Saint Cloud

Search this Thread

Old Mar 7th, 2008, 04:17 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I will be staying in the Saint Cloud suburb of Paris after arriving at CDG.

1. I have been told there is a bus from CDG that takes you to the Saint Cloud area.

Can you tell me which number that is?

2. When I buy the Carte Orange how many zones do I need to buy for to go into Paris? I know the metro stop goes to Gare Saint Lazare.

Thanks in Advance.
Kappy
Old Mar 8th, 2008, 03:45 PM
Original Poster

Hi again,
I posted two transportation questions late on Friday.
I do not think that many people saw my posting. Since it will be Sunday I wanted to get the posting to the top of the list. If anyone could answer the above questions it would be very helpful as I will be staying in an apt in Saint Cloud in a few months. Thanks in Advance.
Kappy
Old Mar 8th, 2008, 04:29 PM

The problem is I am unclear what you are asking for with your second point.

The metro does not reach Saint-Cloud. It gets close with the station Boulogne - Pont de Saint-Cloud (the terminus of line 10), but the station itself is across Pont de Saint-Cloud in Boulogne-Billancourt. If you go that route you only need zones 1-2 on a CO.

However, when you mention that "the metro stop goes to Gare Saint Lazare." I think you are talking about the Transilien. St. Cloud is served by the Transilien St. Lazare suburban rail line as well as the La Défense transilien line with the stations being Le Val d'Or and Saint-Cloud respectively.

The other option is the T2 tramway, which serves the town and ultimately would connect you to La Défense. Either of the last two options would require zone 3 as well on a Carte Orange.
Old Mar 8th, 2008, 04:54 PM
Original Poster

Hi MrNuke,
Thank you very much for your answers.
You are exactly right about both points. Someone who used to live in Paris did tell me that it is a short walk to the train in St. Cloud to get into Paris. It is I assume the line that you have mentioned.
They also said that there was a bus to the area from Cdg.It is supposed to be a 10 minute car ride to the apartment where we will be staying and we are being picked up by a neighbor. You say that it is better to take the metro though. If you have any added information please let me know. Thank You.
Old Mar 8th, 2008, 04:58 PM

1. If there is a bus, it isn't listed on the RATP (Paris transport) site.

2. CDG is in zone 5 and Saint-Cloud is in zone 3. Buy a single ticket (8.20&euro to get from CDG to Saint-Cloud. Buy a zone 1-3 Carte Orange and load it on a passe Navigo Decouverte.

3. You can take SNCF trains from either Le Val d'Or or Saint-Cloud to La Defense and then either the RER or Metro from there to Paris. Or you can take the train all the way to Gare St-Lazare.

4. Or you can cross the Seine and take Metro line 10 from Boulogne Pont de Saint-Cloud into Paris.
Old Mar 8th, 2008, 05:06 PM

The station you want for the T2 tram mentioned by MrNuke is Parc de Saint-Cloud.
Old Mar 8th, 2008, 05:13 PM

Kappy,
I forgot to add that there isn't a direct bus I know of. The best the RATP website gives is a combination of three buses.

Also with the Transilien, I forgot to add that it is a straight shot commuter train. And from what you were describing I believe that is what you had been told as well. The Saint-Cloud to St. St-Lazare or Val d'Or get you into the respective stations in Paris directly.
Old Mar 8th, 2008, 05:15 PM

Here is the route suggested by the RATP Journey Planner from CDG to Saint-Cloud: RER B to Chatelet-Les Halles, RER A to La Defense, SNCF train to Saint-Cloud.
Old Mar 8th, 2008, 05:17 PM
Original Poster

Hi Tim,

Thank You very much for the great information. I am staying at my friend's apt. and did get info from them but they take taxis from CDG when they come to Paris for short stays which are to expensive for us. They thought that there was a bus which there probably was at one time. thank you again.