Transport from Airport?

Search

Transport from Airport?

Search this Thread

Old Jun 2nd, 2006, 07:54 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Transport from Airport?

We will be travelling to Norway with another couple in late Aug. We are staying at the Opera Hotel which I believe is near the train station. My question is how should we get from the airport arriving at about 3pm to the hotel? How far away is the airport from this hotel in Oslo? Also does Norway use Euros or Kroner? Many thanks for the information.
Old Jun 2nd, 2006, 08:15 AM

2-4 trains/hour take 19 mins from Oslo Airport to Central Station in the heart of Oslo, where taxis will be waiting.
No euros in Norway, which isn't even a part of the European Union, let along European Monetary Union - still the kroner - stock up on everything you need before arrival as this is one of the world's MOST expensive countries. A boozer - bring in what you can - not only is alcohol taxed extremely high but must be bought in special stores with bankers' hours - low-alcohol beer can be bought in supermarkets. This was the situation a few years ago at least.
Old Jun 2nd, 2006, 09:30 AM
Original Poster

Thank you PalQ for that info. I'll check to see what is allowed into the country for alcohol. I understood that our hotel may be right next to the train station which would be great since we leave early the next morning to start our NIN trip. We return several days later for another day and eve in Oslo.
Old Jun 3rd, 2006, 07:14 AM

I've only been to Oslo once but I recall that there are 2 airports. One is close and the other is not so close to Oslo.
Old Jun 6th, 2006, 01:41 AM

Correct. 2 airports, Gardermoen and Torp. www.osl.no and www.torp.no. Gardermoen airport train 160NOK/person 20 min, local train about half price, 30-35 min, same stations both alternatives. Buy tickets at airport. Bus 120NOK, 40 min, stops close to railstation.