Train trip to Disneyland Paris

Old Jul 29th, 2006, 11:53 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Train trip to Disneyland Paris

We would like to spend two days at Disneyland Paris during our short stay in Paris. How easy is it to go by train each day from Paris?
Old Jul 30th, 2006, 12:05 AM

Hi clairefraser,
Paris Disney has its own dedicated tube station at 'Marne La Vallée - Chessy'. Its easy to get there.
I have lifted this information from :

http://www.parisdigest.com/withchild...risar.htm#-Org

Enjoy

"The RER A is the easiest and most direct way to get from Paris to Disneyland Paris. It is therefore a direct and fast ride (35 minutes) from La Défense, the Arc de Triomphe (Charles de Gaulle station) and Chatelet les Halles. You can travel with the Paris Visit pass (zones 1 to 5), or buy a ticket at any Metro station.Take the RER A towards Marne La Vallee (be careful, there are two branches) and get off at the last stop, 'Marne La Vallée - Chessy'.
Disneyland Paris also has its own TGV (super fast train) station, so ask the SNCF for TGV connections from cities as diverse as Lille, London or Brussels. Disneyland Paris is also conveniently connected with both Charles de Gaulle and Orly airports by bus"
Old Jul 30th, 2006, 12:08 AM
Original Poster

Thanks Mucky,
Your post is very useful.
Old Jul 30th, 2006, 05:05 AM

It's about 25 minutes from Chatelet if you catch a train that skips a lot of stops. This happened to us going there but not coming back. Also, just make sure you catch the right RER A train, it branches off. Look at the light-up boards on the platform and make sure the 'Marne La Vallée - Chessy' station is lit for the next arriving train.
Old Jul 30th, 2006, 05:19 AM

Once you exit the station at Marne La Vallee the entrance to Disney is, literally, right there. Couldn't be easier.
Old Jul 30th, 2006, 05:39 AM

Here is a link to the timetable for RER A:

http://www.ratp.info/includes/inc_ha...e&mois=juillet

As you can see, the trains whose names begin with "Q" are the only ones that go to Marne-la-Vallée - you will see this name on the front of the train as well as on the overhead signs.

There are no trains that don't make a lot of stops between Paris and the Disneyland - an occasional trip may skip two or three stations, but for the most part they stop at them all. In any event, all trains on the RER network arrive in the same order they depart, so there's no particular advantage in riding an express over a local (unless the stopping and starting bothers you).
Old Jul 30th, 2006, 07:21 AM

We took our two boys who were 7 and 10 at the time to Disneyland Paris. Before we left people on this board tried to dissuade us from going. I wish we had listened. Having been to Disneyland and Disneyworld, we couldn't wait to leave Disneyland Paris. We only stayed a couple of hours at the most. We took the train (don't remember the train we took) and it was a total waste of our time. No one enjoyed it at all. If you have a short stay, please reconsider. It was boring. Since I am not currently planning a trip to Paris I have no idea if you have already read others posts about Disneyland Paris so if not I encourage you to do so. It was the one thing I insisted on doing (because of the kids) that I wish I had not.
Old Jul 30th, 2006, 07:47 AM
Neopolitan

Interesting comment above. We didn't have kids with us, but these two middleaged guys LOVED our full day at Disneyland Paris. We've been to Disney World a couple dozen times and Disneyland three or four. No it isn't the same. Maybe that's why we enjoyed it so much.
Bored? Wow!

Old Jul 30th, 2006, 07:53 AM

I disagree with Millie - our family enjoyed the differences between Paris and WDW, however I do think that one day is plenty and if your trip to Paris is very short, there is so much to see that would push Disney to the bottom of my list.
Old Jul 31st, 2006, 12:28 AM
Original Poster

Thanks everyone so much for your comments. They are all very useful. My family comes from Australia and we don't have a Disneyland close by (except for Tokyo). I have been to Anaheim but my husband and son have not and one of the main reasons for making a quick trip to Paris was for my son to visit Disneyland Paris. We were going to go for two days but might change it to one after listening to all of your advice. Thanks again.
Old Jul 31st, 2006, 01:07 AM

I really don't like theme parks, but I have been to Paris Disneyland with my children many times and we always enjoyed it. I have also been to Tokyo Disneyland which was great too especially the new Disney sea.

Its a shame Millie didn't enjoy it.
Even I enjoyed it.

Muck

Old Jul 31st, 2006, 01:19 AM

We spent 3 days in there as a family and all loved it.
Old Jul 31st, 2006, 06:10 AM

We spent two (non-consecutive) days at DLP when in Paris. It was easy to find and board the train. The problem was that as we were trying to arrive about a half hour before the park opened (to buy tickets, etc.) we were in the crush of the morning commuters for much of the way. And I mean CRUSH in its literal sense. You think a train car can't handle more people, then the doors open and more come in. At times, I don't think my feet were touching the floor. I really felt sorry for my two youngest...I don't know how they were able to breathe. It was scary for them.

But after a while, the commuters thin out and you can sit. The parks are really lovely and we had a great time.
Old Jul 31st, 2006, 06:47 AM

It can be crowded on that RER. We got on at 9, with two strollers, and it was okay though. Earlier, and it would've been impossible. Leaving at 9-9:30 is early enough to get to the park before the major crowds. Enjoy, if you like Disney, in general, you're going to have a great time!
Old Jul 31st, 2006, 07:16 AM

If you want to get out to the park early, leave Paris before 7h00 and you'll have a car to yourself. Before 6h30, and you'll have a train to yourself.

(Kindly overlook the exaggeration.)
Old Aug 2nd, 2006, 03:07 AM
Original Poster

Thanks for the heads up on the times to leave for the park. I hadn't thought about dodging the commuters!