Train question

Old Apr 20th, 2005, 08:48 AM
Lu
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Train question

I am finally making my trip to France I planned 3 years ago. Can you beleive I have had to cancel 3 times. But knock on wood I am almost to the gate. Now my question, myself and three others will be coming from Deauville in Normandy on the train to Paris. We are staying at the Hotel Lenox Saint Germain and I am not quite sure where to get off the train. There are so many choices when I put in Saint Germain. The hotel has not been helpful so far. We are not leaving until mid May but trying to get all my ducks in a row. The address is 9 rue de l Universite. This is a lame question but any feed back would be appreicated.
Old Apr 20th, 2005, 08:53 AM

I don't think it's a lame question at all. Your train arrives in Paris at the Gare St-Lazare. There are several ways to get from there to your hotel.

A taxi, of course, is the least hassle and takes you right to the door. This will cost about €7 including tip.

The Métro (Ligne 12, Direction Mairie d'Issy) to the Rue du Bac stop is a 9-minute walk to the hotel.

The Bus (#24, Direction Ecole Veterinaire de Maisons-Alfort) to the Pont Royal stop is a 6-minute walk across the river.

The Métro or bus fare will cost between €1.40 and €0 depending on how you pay for your public transport. Search for threads containing Carte Orange.

To see train schedules, go to

http://reiseauskunft.bahn.de/bin/query.exe/en

For Paris transport, see

http://www.ratp.info/informer/anglais/index.php

Departure (Station): gare st-lazare
Arrival (Address): 9 rue de l'universite paris
Search
Old Apr 20th, 2005, 09:19 AM
JN

I believe trains from Normandy go to Gare St. Lazare. From there, I assume you take the Metro or cab to your hotel. Not sure which metro to take, sorry.
Old Apr 20th, 2005, 09:59 AM
Lu
Original Poster

Thank you so much for your answers. This is exactly what I was needing to hear. So another not so exciting question. We will be coming from Avignon to Dearville via Paris. The tranfer of train at the Paris Lyon to St Lazare. The DB says take Metro and we have 50 minutes to make our connection. Is the metro there in the station or a close walk? Or is this walkable. I hate the metro with bags. A little intimitating. Help again
Old Apr 20th, 2005, 10:18 AM

The spiffy new Métro Ligne 14 takes you straight from A to B, 7 minutes enroute. The Métro stops are right in front of both train stations.
Old Apr 20th, 2005, 01:36 PM
Lu
Original Poster

Robespierre....Many many thanks. I believe I have crossed my last T. Again thank you.

t