Train Luzern to Zurich Airport

Search

Search this Thread

Old Apr 19th, 2009, 10:52 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I will be in Switzerland September 2, 2009 thru September 11, 2009. My itinerary is to spend 7 nights in Wengen (9/2 to 9/9) then train to Luzern for 2 nights (9/9 to 9/11). According to the train schedule (sbb.ch), it appears that there is no morning train from Luzern to Zurich. Am I looking at the train schedule correctly? My flight back to the USA leaves Zurich at 10:25am. If the train schedule is correct, would it make sense to spend my last night in Zurich that way I’m assured that I can get to the airport in plenty of time to make my flight? I will then have to spend 6 nights Wengen, 2 nights Luzern and 1 night Zurich.

Thanks for your comments.

jdc
Old Apr 19th, 2009, 11:01 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I've just checked the sbb.ch site. I typed Luzern and Zürich Flughafen. I found at least 3 connections per hour running from Lucern to the airport.
Old Apr 19th, 2009, 11:21 AM
Original Poster

Thank you schuler. I typed again Luzern to Zurich and this time I actually entered the time I wanted to leave Luzern and Walla. I didn't enter a specific time before and apparently whatever time was there, it picked trains leaving at that scheduled time. I'm glad because I did not want to cut my time in Wengen any shorter than it is already.

jdc
Old Apr 19th, 2009, 02:41 PM

For my peace of mind we stayed in Zurich the night before our morning flight. Since it's an international flight, you need to be there 2 hours early. We stayed at the Park Inn--near the airport, very modern, clean and well priced. They have airport shuttles. You have to reserve your seats the day before, especially for early shuttles. They have a restaurant and a McDonalds on the premises.

Just in case you do this....
When you get to the Zurich train station, to get to the airport you have to go downstairs to the local train that runs to the airport. We could never tell from signs and FINALLY found an information person. When we got to the airport, it was just as confusing. You will walk a long way past all the shops to the parking garage, where the hotel shuttles all are.
Old Feb 9th, 2010, 02:28 AM

Hi JDC: Just wondering how things went getting from Luzern to Zurich airport. We will be in Luzern for two days checking out of the hotel on April 1st. Our flight back to US departs same day at noon. Seems to me that if the train from Luzern arrives at the airport station at 9am we should have plenty of time to catch our flight on United. What do you think?
Old Feb 9th, 2010, 04:42 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Absolutely. The trains are 95% on time and there are many connections. I would rather take a train to the airport than go by car.