Notices

Hotel near Zurich Airport

Old Feb 23rd, 2009, 06:12 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hotel near Zurich Airport

Can anyone recommend a hotel near the Zurich Airport for this coming July. We have an early flight back to the States. Also, does anyone know the difference between Klimaanlage in the room and airconditioner. Thank you for your reply.

Erika
Old Feb 23rd, 2009, 06:32 AM

You don't need a hotel near the airport; it's about 10 minutes by train from the main train station in Zurich.

Klimaanlage *is* airconditioner.
Old Feb 23rd, 2009, 06:34 AM

Several years ago we stayed in the Welcome Inn which is clean, functional and well located about 3 km from airport with a free airport shuttle. They have a small restaurant on the premises. My husband is from Austria and tells me that Klimaanlage is the German word for airconditioner. Hope this is helpful.
Old Feb 23rd, 2009, 06:53 AM

We absolutely loved the NH Hotel Zurich airport. You can see my review on tripadvisor. One of my comments was that I would choose it for an extended stay in Zurich and do the 10 minute commute into the central city each day, should I ever return to Zurich. That's how much I liked it.
Old Feb 23rd, 2009, 07:56 AM

You can find lots of hotels and descriptions by googling "Airport hotels , Zurich"......(then checking tripadvisor.com)
Yes, it's a short train ride from downtown but that means walking or taxi to the train station (WITH luggage), then unloading at the airport etc.
Airport hotels usually have a shuttle right to the door of the terminals for checkin.
Several years ago we stayed at the lovely Hilton Zurich Airport...reasonably prices THEN, and I think we got a weekend rate (very good). I'm sure the price is much more now....but worth a try if you are staying on the weekend.
We turned in our car at the airport the previous afternoon, checked into hotel, shuttled to airport/train, and went into the city for the afternoon, ate, and returned to Hilton in the evening.
Last year we checked out other airport hotels for that last night and there were several that would work....(but we had to change and flew home from Geneva so didn't need the Zurich hotel)
Old Feb 23rd, 2009, 08:22 AM

Hello Erika

Try Priceline in the Zurich-Glattbrugg area. Several times we've won bids for the Renaissance (4*) for around $75-$80. They have a free shuttle to the airport, too (5-10 minute ride). Just be sure to sign up for a time when you do your hotel check-in.

Happy travels.
Old Feb 23rd, 2009, 08:28 AM

Hi Erika,

Yes, staying in central Zürich might mean walking a block or two with suitcases -- but it also means:

More hotels, more price ranges available

You are surrounded by a charming ancient city with meandering medieval cobbled streets, not by high-rises and highways at the airport.

You have more restaurant options

No charge for parking or shuttle fee (some folks have reported these)

No AWOL drivers (have heard of these also)

I used to stay in a suburb of Zürich, Kuesnacht, and really loved extending my vacation for as long as possible. There is a direct train from Kuesnacht to the airport, takes about 40 minutes.

s