Tracking Lost Threads

Apr 18th, 2005, 04:59 AM
Original Poster

Tracking Lost Threads

I started a discussion on Friday regarding my sister (who luckily enough doesn't visit this site or she'd probably be upset with me!) thinking Scotland and Wales were foreign countries, separate from England. I clicked on my username and the thread seems to have disappeared. Either I'm doing something wrong or the thread was pulled. I wonder why?
Apr 18th, 2005, 05:04 AM
ira

Hi twin,

Sometimes the Moderators pull threads because trolls have destroyed its utility for a travel site.
Apr 18th, 2005, 05:05 AM
PJI

Try refreshing and clicking on your name again. If that doesn't work then use the search function for your title/topic.
Apr 18th, 2005, 06:16 AM
Original Poster

PJ1:

I did both those things this weekend and still no luck. Somebody must have upset the powers that be....
Apr 18th, 2005, 06:31 AM

There was some outrageous posting going over the weekend. Am guessing someone tagged on something inappropriate and got your entire thread pulled, maybe?
Apr 18th, 2005, 06:59 AM
Original Poster

It must have been something outrageous, based on some of the stuff that I've seen that is allowed to continue.

(Actually, maybe I'm wrong and my sister DOES read this Forum and got miffed that I let everybody know she's a little weak in the geography/government areas and had the editors pull the thread!)
Apr 18th, 2005, 10:52 AM

I'm sorry, twina49, I missed your thread. There are those of us who think your sister may be right

We are defintitely separate from England. Whether or not we are foreign is more of an issue. Come and visit us and see..............
Apr 18th, 2005, 12:17 PM

twina49,

I read your thread on Friday, posted my own account concerning Holland and The Netherlands, and about two minutes later the thread was gone.

I found nothing vulgar about the thread and could not figure out why they pulled it. Perhaps the editors were afraid someone would be insulted. I'm just not sure why--especially when compared with many other threads that are much worse.

AL
Apr 19th, 2005, 04:29 AM
Original Poster

Sheila,

My thread involved my sister emailing me with the question of "Regarding the rental car - under the heading 'Driving in other countries,' Scotland and Wales are not listed. You are sure that's not a problem, right?"

We're arriving in Scotland on May 21st after spending a week in England (you know - that other separate country!) - I can hardly wait!

Jan (aka twina)
Apr 19th, 2005, 03:14 PM

Just so you have a top time!
Apr 19th, 2005, 04:46 PM

I don't know enough about how these chat rooms work to comment on what threads get pulled, but as to the subject matter, what's the confusion? Scotland, England and Wales are three different countries. Whether we are "foreign" to each other depends on your point of view, but then having a lot of good friends in Eire I hope they don't regard me as "foreign" although they know I don't live in their country....