Search

What's up with this board??

Search this Thread

Old Nov 4th, 2005, 07:36 AM
P_M
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
What's up with this board??

It started out like any other Friday morning. I came into work, ready for my usual coffee and Fodors fix. Much to my horror, the board wasn't working!! > I was dying to post my Freaky Friday Rants and Raves. I tried in vain to open several threads. It was such a tease, because I could see the titles of the threads, but when I clicked them, they just wouldn't open. The frustration!! The withdrawal symptoms!! I was so distraught I almost had to leave work.

Thank God that's over. Let's hope the board continue to function properly. I don't think I could go through this again anytime soon.
Old Nov 4th, 2005, 08:05 AM

We feel your pain, P_M! And, of course, wouldn't you know it'd come back up just as I have to get ready for work!
Old Nov 4th, 2005, 08:19 AM

I read an "internal server error" message that was quite detailed. After several tries over 30 minutes, I was able to post this message here.

Old Nov 4th, 2005, 08:47 AM

Apologies for the extended problems this morning. We installed some new hardware that was not playing nicely with the site's servers. The problem seems to have been solved, but we'll continue to watch for further problems today.

Have a good weekend.

--Mark
Fodor's
Old Nov 4th, 2005, 09:18 AM

ml2004 (Mark): addressing this to you since you are someone who might be able to change something on this site.

On the Talk (forum) thread can the LARGE FODORS logo just show up at the top of the page so when people are reading a thread and scroll down, the logo disappears off the top of the page. This currently happens for posting but not when reading.

Why you may ask? Well, as you may have gathered, quite a few of the readers check the website at work, and with the BIG LOGO jumping out, it makes it harder to do so discreetly!

Enjoy-la!
Old Nov 4th, 2005, 09:39 AM

Thanks for the info, Mark. And thanks for trying to fix the problems!