trouble with searches on this board

Aug 31st, 2005, 08:42 AM
Original Poster

trouble with searches on this board

I am looking for a topic that was on this board about 3 or 4 weeks ago. It was all about journals and different size books and pens and ideas etc. of what people used on safaries. I have tried searching every which way and cannot find it. Am I doing something wrong. Does anyone remember the post that I am talking about.
Aug 31st, 2005, 09:02 AM

Yes, I remember it. I'm having the same problem. I can't find the post about the September issue of National Geographic.
Aug 31st, 2005, 09:12 AM

Is this the thread you were trying to find? http://www.fodors.com/forums/threads...4&tid=34660160

The search function on the Fodors forum hasn't been working for recent threads for a few months now. It does work for older threads.

What I've been doing to locate recent threads is one of the following -

If I know the name of the poster, I locate any one of their posts and click on their screen name. That will put up all of their previous posts on the left pane.

If I don't remember the name of the poster, I use Yahoo advanced search and enter the words or phrase that I'm searching for and under Site/Domain, choose the 'only search in this domain/site' option and enter www.fodors.com - that was how I was able to locate the travel journal thread.

http://search.yahoo.com/search/options?fr=fp-top&p=
Aug 31st, 2005, 09:21 AM

Thanks Patty! Very helpful! Been looking for some threads myself and now I can find them.
Dennis
Aug 31st, 2005, 09:23 AM
Original Poster

Thats it..Thanks Patty, you are always coming to my rescue. Ihad tried different methods but my mistake was that I thought it was Roccco who mentioned the Vision Elite pens so I put his name in and searched his threads with no luck because as I now see it was not his post. I also tried the word journal but the right post did not come up. Thanks again. I will now save it, I guess emailing it to myself is the best way.

Search this Thread