Tongeren, Belgium hotels....

Old Nov 4th, 2003, 03:15 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Tongeren, Belgium hotels....

Are there any nice places to stay in or around Tongeren? Nicest I found is a Best Western in the city center, but I'd like more options. Any other towns in the area within a short distance? We'll be antiquing in Tongeren, so I'd like to stay fairly close.

Thanks!
Cricket
Old Nov 4th, 2003, 03:32 AM

If you have a car and are simply looking for a place to sleep, you can try the Etap down the road in Liege. It's 34 euros/night. I call them "clean shoeboxes" but you can't beat the price

www.etaphotels.com
Old Nov 4th, 2003, 04:48 AM

We were just there a couple of weeks ago.... we stayed at a little pension called Het Reguleirenhuisje. I wasn't sure when we pulled up about the area but it was safe and the room was VERY surprising. It's run by an older gentleman and his daughter and they speak english and are EXTREMELY nice. They are doing renovations and when they get done this place will be very nice! Even in the "in-between" phase it's wonderful. We stayed in an apartment, they had a kitchen, livingroom with a piano (my kid loved!) and bedroom and bathroom downstairs and they offer breakfast. All for 25E per person! It's not a very long walk from the center (but it is on the other side from the antique market area - still, not a long walk at all). Parking is free.
Tel: 012/23.76.62
Located at Regulierenplein 30
Old Nov 4th, 2003, 11:09 AM

Your choice of hotels will be rather limited in Tongeren as it's only a small provincial town.
However, these two I found on the www.tongeren.be website are well located, in the very centre:
-Ambiotel**** on Veemarkt www.ambiotel.be
-Lido** on Grote Markt

The closest city is Liège (in Belgium - 24 km) or Maastricht (in the Netherlands - 20 km).
Old Nov 7th, 2003, 06:58 AM
Original Poster

Thanks a lot for the info!