tips for navigating terminal 2 at CDG?

Search

Search this Thread

Old Sep 3rd, 2010, 04:31 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

We have a fairly tight connection in Charles de Gaulle and have to get from terminal 2A (arriving from US) to terminal 2F. I understand there is a shuttle, and printed out a map, but I have no room for error on this one! Does anyone have any tips for making this transfer? I have never connected in CDG before, though we have arrived and departed from there.
Old Sep 3rd, 2010, 05:09 AM

One would really need to know the inbound carrier and flight number or originating city as well as the outbound carrier (assuming AF) and the destination city. This link may be of some use (Air France has one as well on their website):

http://www.easycdg.com/pages/finding_your_waypag.html

Sounds like you have accepted, with great faith, that your arriving aircraft will be on time or early. If your ground time is so minimal that you have <i>no room for error</i>, you do not have sufficient time.
Old Sep 3rd, 2010, 05:33 AM

I think the options are different depending on what flight you are connecting to, whether it is within France or not. How tight is tight? 45 min is tight, but some people think 2 hrs is tight (I don't). If you are connecting to a flight within France, I'd just walk it myself, those shuttles aren't worth the trouble and time to me (and can be packed, plus you may have to wait 15 min for one). Besides, if you are connecting, you shouldn't have any baggage to worry about, I would presume, so walking wouldn't be difficult. I don't think I've made that connection, but I've certainly walked from B to E or F.

If you are making an international connection, I think you need to follow their rules and follow the signs and take the navette.
Old Sep 3rd, 2010, 05:36 AM

BTW, the CDG website has a page that tells you what to do for correspondences and you click on the arriving and departure terminals for the directions

http://www.aeroportsdeparis.fr/ADP/f...rrespondances/
Old Sep 3rd, 2010, 09:53 AM
Original Poster

Thank you! Fingers crossed ....!