Search

Three London Hotel Choices

Search this Thread

Old May 10th, 2003, 05:39 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Three London Hotel Choices

Hi all:

We are looking at a land/air package that offers three hotel choices that are generally within our budget range. They are:

The Ramada Jarvis Marylebone
The Thistle Kensington Palace
The Moat House Kensington

Any opinions or info about the relative merits of these hotels would be greatly appreciated.

Old May 10th, 2003, 06:32 PM

Have only stayed in Moat HOuse..but I do know the location of the other 2. Location wise I would definitely chose kensington Moat house. You could spit to the tube station!.5 minutes walk to V and A and National History museum and Brompton Oratory ..less that 10 minutes from harrod's, Beauchamp Place. and many bus lines available around the corner. Loads of cafes, resstaurants, pubs and stores within 5-10 minute walk..6 or 7 blocks from King's Rd and Fulham Rd..just a great area.

Room wise ..we stayed there 2 yrs ago had a wonderful large room and bath..last year we booked elswhere but had 6 couples staying there for a party..3 had wonderful rooms, 3 had less than nice, but still good value . They should have asked to be changed!Breakfast is very good and the pub inside the hotel very nice!
Old May 13th, 2003, 08:23 AM

We stayed at the Jarvis Marylebone in February and we really enjoyed it. The desk clerk was very helpful when we arrived, with 4 children in tow, fully exhausted with jetlag. The rooms (we had 3 doubles) were small, but very nice and the bathrooms very clean. The pseudo continental breakfast was pretty large - rolls, toast, tea, coffee, fruits, lunch meats and cheeses - and the setting was pleasant. The location, right next to Marylebone train station and the underground was extremely convenient. There are not a huge amount of eating establishments around, but there are Italian restaurants, a couple of Chain fast food places, a large pub, and other places within 3 blocks. The train station next door has little grocery stores, news stands, ATM machine, a "free" pub (meaning they can stock whatever beer they wish..), as well as the trains to Warwick. If we went again, I would definitely stay there - especially since the price with the packages is phenomenal. We found it cozy, clean and convenient.
Old May 13th, 2003, 09:13 AM

Butasan, i am also interested in a package similar to this, where did you find it or the name of it? thanks!
Old May 14th, 2003, 05:30 PM
Original Poster

The hotels offered were part of a package offered by Virgin Vacations.

Looks like we have chosen the Moat House. Thanks to all who responded.
Old May 20th, 2003, 03:42 PM
Original Poster

One more question:

It has been suggested to me that it may be worthwhile to spend a little more to upgrade to the Millenium Knightsbridge.
The cost really is not much more and while the Moat House has been well reviewed on this board, the Millenium has been rated a "four star luxury" property. I have done a search on this hotel and have not found much that is recent.

I would appreciate hearing impressions from anyone who has stayed at the Millenium Knightsbridge recently. In particular, are the rooms good sized and comfortable? From what I can gather, both the Millenium and the Moat
House are well located.

Again -thanks in advance.
Old Sep 30th, 2003, 09:36 AM
adoptionisfab

any other thoughts?