Reload this Page >

Thistle Westminster

Search

Thistle Westminster

Search this Thread

Old Apr 1st, 2002, 07:58 AM
Dawn

Thistle Westminster

I have just booked a room at the Thistle Westminster? Does anyone have any firsthand knowledge on this hotel? It seems very centrally located and I found a really good rate?

Old Apr 1st, 2002, 11:04 AM
Shannon

Hi Dawn,<BR><BR>My mom and I are going to be staying at the Thistle Westminster later this month. If you haven't already come across it, the Thistle Hotels have a website. Go to www.thistlehotels.com and you can click on a specific location. From what I've seen, it seems fairly nice. I posted a question similar to yours about a month ago and someone replied that the Thistle Westminster was one of the better locations of the chain.

Old Apr 2nd, 2002, 12:55 PM
Dawn

Hi Shannon,<BR><BR>I actually booked my room from the Thistle website, so I have explored the site extensively. I actully got a really good rate and was just a little sceptical, that's all. It seems really nice, they just don't show many picture of the rooms. Let me know how your stay was when you get back. I am not going until later in May. Thanks for your help. Have a great trip!

Old Apr 5th, 2002, 06:41 PM
Wendy

Hi Shannon. <BR><BR>We also just booked a room at the Thistel Westminster for a week in July. I too would be interested in your observations. <BR><BR>Wendy

Old Apr 6th, 2002, 11:41 AM
Shannon

Dawn & Wendy,<BR><BR>I will be happy to post a response about the Thistle Westminster when I return!<BR><BR>

Old Jul 31st, 2003, 06:32 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Yes, the hotel is centrally located but I would not recommend it to anyone. Please see my posting &quot;horrible experience with Thistle Westminster&quot;.
Old Jul 31st, 2003, 06:37 PM

You all might want to read the Horrible Experience with Thistle Westminster thread just below.
Old Jul 31st, 2003, 11:07 PM

I stayed at the Thistle Westminster for a couple of nights in May. It is at the end of Buckingham Palace Road very close to Victoria Station and just across the road from Buckingham Palace so it is very central. The hotel itself is fine, not much character but the staff were very welcoming and the breakfasts are delicious - I had to stop myself loading up on a second full English breakfast every morning. Because you're so close to the Palace you're obviously not far from St James Park, Green Park, The Mall etc and its about a fifteen minute walk up the Mall to Trafalgar Square.