Reload this Page >

Thistle Marble Arch- thoughts?

Search

Search this Thread

Old Oct 17th, 2002, 08:05 PM
Jack

We have booked a family suite which is a sleeping room with a separte area for sitting with a total of three beds. We are traveling with our two very well behaved and widely traveled little daughters (3 & 5). The rate is about 130GSP /$200US. We will be there at Christamas/New Years. I was hoping for a bit of an "English" feel rather than the Motel 6 feel and need to be within reasonale proximity to the sights. Has Anyone stayed there and have some comments to share??

Old Oct 17th, 2002, 11:01 PM
Janie

Hi Jack.<BR>As a Londoner I can tell you that the Thistle hotels are very popular and there are close to 15 of them in London. I can't advise you first hand but you have chosen a fantastic position. Right in the hub of the West End busy busy Xmas shopping area. I have heard a few good comments from friends who have used Thistle hotels and were very happy with their accommodation. I really think that you will have a pleasant stay. It is definitely a hotel rather than a motel.

Old Oct 18th, 2002, 12:17 AM
Susan

The Thistle Marble Arch isn't a motel at all. We have booked the Thistle Selfridge which is very near only cos it was cheaper than the Thistle Marble Arch. You will really like it.

Old Oct 18th, 2002, 03:24 AM
kitty

We stayed at this hotel in june 2001. We had booked an executive family room but when we checked in they had none left so they gave us two adjoining rooms (one with king bed and the other with twins). Our rooms were very nice, much like a Hyatt in the US. There was no English character at all but the rooms were very nice, heated towel racks, tv audio in the bathrooms, etc. Location was fine. <BR><BR>Some people have posted that their rooms were not that nice with halls dark and narrow. We did not have this experience at all so beware that there are obviously different levels of rooms. We must have got the nicer end of their rooms. Since we did not book the lower end of their rooms, but the middle, that may have made the difference. <BR><BR>Have fun.

Old Oct 18th, 2002, 07:26 AM
Bobbi

I've never stayed at that particular Thistle. But I did stay at the Trafalgar Square hotel. Thistles range from ho-hum to fabulous. The property I stayed at was mid-range. Not the best hotels I stayed at during my trip, but clean, neat, friendly.....and bonus....about 100 yards away from the National Gallery. I actually spent very little time in my room after all. <BR><BR>Their website (www.thistlehotels.com) has photographs, if that will help.<BR><BR>Bobbi