Reload this Page >

thistle Marble Arch hotel in london

Search

Search this Thread

Old Apr 29th, 2002, 03:58 AM
Lori

Has anyone ever stayed at the THistle Marble Arch Hotel in London. Wondering how the sevice and location are. Is it a nice hotel?

Old Apr 29th, 2002, 05:07 AM
Lori

Never stayed there but the Marble Arch location is good. Tube stop is right there and buses as well. It's close to all the stores on Oxford St., Hyde Park, etc. It's kind of a tourist hotel, tour groups, etc. I think it would be a very convenient location overall. Anyone else out there able to help this other Lori ???

Old Apr 29th, 2002, 08:41 AM
Julie

Lori,<BR><BR>There have been comments on the message board before about the Thistle Marble Arch, so try doing a search. I seem to recall that people said this hotel had some peculiar idiosyncracies, such as an escalator to the front door, and very dark hallways.<BR><BR>Julie

Old Apr 29th, 2002, 10:50 AM
kitty

I've responded several times on our experience at this hotel so do a search. We had an excellent experience with lovely modern rooms (not dark hallways) much like an American Hyatt. Other people have not so it depends on the room you get. Liked the location.

Old Apr 29th, 2002, 11:50 AM
Debbie

Hello, I personally liked the Thistle hotel in Hyde Park. It was "The Whites" when we visited and was very elegant. We really enjoyed the Hyde Park area, very historical but homey feeling. Also the tube is close by. Another positive is that the Heathrow Airbus stops directly in front of the hotel. We enjoyed riding into London on the airconditioned bus. Helped us handle our luggage better and see an overview of London as we arrived. The Hyde Park Thistle is upscale and romantic if that is what you are looking for too. Happy travels.