Lisbon restaurants ?

Apr 29th, 2002, 07:44 AM
Sam

Lisbon restaurants ?

Lisbon restaurants ? Any suggestion ?

Apr 29th, 2002, 08:31 AM
michele

Sunday's (4-28) LA Times has an article on Fado and Lisbon with some restaurant recommendations.
Arco de Castelo and Rei dos Frangos (author's favorite for rotisserie chicken)are two. These are most likely fado clubs, but you might want to investigate. (Interesting article).

Apr 29th, 2002, 10:35 AM
wells

Hello Sam!
It would be a lot easier if you let me know the price range,your preferences (Portuguese,ethnic food...).As Lisbon is not an expensive city i'll take the risk of mentioning some of my faves.
-Casa da Comida
-Conventual
-Sexa
-Espaco Lisboa

Enjoy!

Apr 29th, 2002, 11:56 AM
www.tourist-in-portugal.web.pt

Hi there. Rei dos Frangos in the LA times ???? what ???...Well, I live in Lisbon, and once in a while I go to Rei dos Frangos, and...well, it is good and not expensive, and if a tourist want to eat with the locals, well Rei dos Frangos is a good place, but in baixa, area (can't remember the street name, but tomorrow I will put it here, because the bus is near)it's a street between the Augusta street and the Prata street you have the João do Grão. Another "for the locals" restaurant cheap and very good. You also have near the Lavra tram (in the colisseum street) the Solar dos Presuntos. A little more expensive but very good.
You also have in the Trindade street, near the São roque church (use the Gloria tram) the restaurant Trindade (the same name as the street).Very good.
And for me the best restaurant in Baixa it's Baleal. In the beggining of the Madalena street. Very Very good.

WHAT'S MY NAME?

Apr 29th, 2002, 12:07 PM
www.tourist-in-portugal.web.pt

Error on LA Times..."Special Europe Issue; Celebrating Lisbon's Sweet, Sad Soul; Passion flowers in the form of fado singing in a city of port wine and grand views. "

Lisbon is NOT the city of port wine...the city of port wine is Oporto, the second biggest city in Portugal, and it is located 300 km north.