THIS IS THE ANSWER TO IT ALL PART 1

Old Nov 6th, 2002, 06:21 AM
red

THIS IS THE ANSWER TO IT ALL PART 1

<BR><BR>WASHINGTON, DC—Seeking to address &quot;the number-one threat to airline security,&quot; the Federal Aviation Administration announced Monday that it will consider banning passengers on all domestic and international commercial flights.<BR><BR> <BR>&quot;In every single breach of security in recent years, whether it was an act of terrorism or some other form of crime, it was a passenger who subverted the safety systems on board the aircraft or in the terminal,&quot; FAA administrator Marion Blakey said. &quot;Even threats that came in the form of explosives inside baggage were eventually traced back to a ticketed individual. As great a revenue source as they have been, passengers simply represent too great a risk to the airline industry.&quot;<BR><BR> <BR>Under the proposed reforms, the FAA would institute a strict ban on adult passengers, passengers 18 and under, international travelers, and domestic customers. A battery of questions and ID checks will be used to determine whether an individual is a pilot, flight attendant, or federal security officer—the only humans who will be allowed to board an aircraft flying within or headed for the U.S.<BR><BR>In addition, security sensors installed at all gates will sound an alarm if they detect the presence of a 98.6-degree body temperature, and airport-security workers will be trained to spot and positively identify humans in the boarding area.<BR><BR>

Old Nov 6th, 2002, 06:30 AM
brit

he he

Old Nov 6th, 2002, 07:31 AM
thanks

Ar ar ar ar!!!

Old Nov 6th, 2002, 07:40 AM
xxx

After years of airlines getting me to my destination but not my luggage, does this now mean they will take my luggage there, but not me??? Sounds about right.

Old Nov 6th, 2002, 07:43 AM
John B.

Should we still tip the pilot? If so, how much?

Old Nov 6th, 2002, 08:06 AM
scarlett

I have a friend whose luggage goes to many lovely and exotic places while she stays in her office, working and trying to locate that adventurous luggage. <BR>The airlines can really be counted on for making luggage, especially with shoes, happy.