These Spanish & Portugeuse hotels are?

Old Mar 8th, 2002, 06:31 PM
marko

These Spanish & Portugeuse hotels are?

Comments on these accomodations: Lisbon...The Mundial, Madrid..Renia Victoria,Seville....Las Casa Del Ray Baeza, Barcelona,...The Ritz any information would be appreciated.

Old Mar 8th, 2002, 06:48 PM
John G

John G and his boyfriend, Keith, have stayed at the Mundial in Lisbon. It is in a great location, Baixa, and you can walk everywhere. The best thing about the hotel is the view of old Lisbon from the roof-top restaurant, and the views of the Castle of St. George. Don't have a fight with your boyfriend and throw his clothes out the window at 4 in the morning. The management does not appreciate it, and you will have to lie and say the clothes, Louis Vuitton steamer trunk and all, just happened to slip from the closet.

Old Mar 8th, 2002, 11:03 PM
3x3y

Is it a gay hotel ? Just curious as my boyfriend and I are looking for accomodation in Lisbon that is gay friendly .

Old Mar 8th, 2002, 11:43 PM
m

Hi. Yes hotel Mundial has a good location, because it´s near baixa, and one more thing. If you take the aerobus, exit in Rossio, them head to Pra&ccedil;a da Figueira, and walk more...100 meters and you're there - much cheaper than a cab.<BR>Gay friendly!...I really don't know, about that hotel, but in fact we here, don't strees to much if you're gay or not, so I suppose you won't have to much to worry.<BR><BR>almost all the answers, in just one place...www.tourist-in-portugal.web.pt

Old Mar 9th, 2002, 07:42 AM
John G

Well, I suppose the Mundial is gay friendly because when we checked in they gave us a room with only one bed. The housekeeper was always very nice to us and she is the one who had to change our sheets &lt;wink&gt;. People in Lisbon were always looking at us funny, but my boyfriend said that is because we are so damn handsome. Maybe? There are lots of gay people around Biarro Alto, but they are very conservative compared to urban American gays.

Old Mar 9th, 2002, 11:02 PM
marko

Ha Ha LOL, my wife and I are committed heteros but the information about the mundial was good ! There is only one thing I don't like about gay people.....you all dance too well !!<BR>

Old Mar 10th, 2002, 06:23 AM
Shannon

Marko,<BR>We stayed at Gran Hotel Reina Victoria the summer before last and absolutely loved it. It is located on Plaza Santa Ana, which has to have the best night life right outside your door -- many cafes and tapas bars. Also close to everything. We had two rooms next to each other, one for the kids and one for us. We got a good deal, I think directly from the hotel, at just over $100 night w/breakfast. The rooms were large, tastefully decorated, and had wonderful sparkling bathrooms. Although we are not into the bullfighting thing, this is the hotel where the bullfighters stay, and on our last day, several of them came rushing it, all dressed in their costumes. They seem to be celebrities in Spain, and the energy was very exciting.<BR><BR>In Barcelona, we stayed at the Claris, one of the "Small Luxury Hotels" of the world. Incredible hotel, perfect location. Again, we got a very good rate (well, $200 night, but much less than advertised) and worth every penny. Inclusive of buffet breakfast. You could eat off the marble bathroom floors, it was that clean, and that beautiful. Also received bathrobes and slippers, and they even had a decent bottle of complimentary wine in the room.

Old Mar 11th, 2002, 03:40 AM
marko

I had heard a couple of negatives about the Renia Victoria in the past but all seems to be forgiven. No one seems to know anything about the Las casa del ray Baeza in Seville, it was recommended by an old family friend.

Old Mar 11th, 2002, 02:36 PM
tttt

topping for marko

Old Mar 14th, 2002, 12:43 PM
olga

Las Casas del Rey de Baeza is a very nice 4 star hotel in an 18th.century building restored in the early 90´s and just underwent a major renovation.<BR>They have two old andalusian style courtyards and some modern accents here and there. Little rooftop pool in the summer.<BR>They are turning it into a luxury property of sorts, it has widescreen tv, stereo and DVD in every room.<BR><BR>The staff is very nice, specially Esperanza, the housekeeping supervisor and Cristina, May and Oche at the front desk.<BR><BR>It´s located about 10 min. walk to the cathedral, just outside the main tourist area, and it is a very authentic old neighbourhood.<BR>Go to Becerrita restaurant nearby, excellent food and the only tourists you´ll find will be from your hotel and some discerning madrile&ntilde;os -they always find the best places to eat ! -.<BR><BR>You can see the hotel at the website<BR>www.casasypalacios.com, the hotel chain that they belonged to until recently.<BR>They ar now developing their own website at www.hospes.es .<BR><BR>

Old Mar 14th, 2002, 05:22 PM
tttt

topper

Old Mar 16th, 2002, 01:12 AM
m

So has anyone stayed at the Ritz in Barcelona?

Old Aug 7th, 2002, 08:40 PM
Topper

For Michelle