Theater tickets-how far in advance

Old Dec 30th, 2002, 05:36 AM
gg

Theater tickets-how far in advance

I am taking my 17 year old son to London in March. We will be seeing two plays. Probably Les Miserables and Blood Brothers.Would these be good choices for an older teen? Also how far in advance should I purchase tickets for choice seating?

Old Dec 30th, 2002, 07:45 AM
xxx

gg: Both plays are good choices for a 17 year old. Both having been playing for years so you should be able to have a good choice of seats once you arrive in London..just go directly to the box offices.
However, if going to these plays is a prime interest then you can book tickets now through Ticketmaster or you can phone the theaters directly . This site will give you information on London theaters http://www.theatremonkey.com/

Old Dec 30th, 2002, 08:04 AM
gg

xxx
Thank you

Old Dec 30th, 2002, 09:17 AM
janis

For Blood Brothers go to the 1/2 price TKTS booth in Leicester Square. it is almost always on offer. For Les Miz go to the Box office. You will have no problem getting tickets for either one - especially in March.

Old Dec 30th, 2002, 09:38 AM
Myer

Agree with Janis.

We purchased tickets for MFL several weeks in advance.

However, for Blood Brothers (recommended by our daughter) we walked by TKTS in Leicester Sq and purchased half price tickets on saturday afternoon for the evening performance.

Although we were in the balcony, it's a VERY small theatre and we felt as if we were on the stage. I couldn't believe it. During intermission, I walked to the stage and looked back at our seats. We were indeed very close even though in the balcony.

By the way, Blood Brothers was excellent.

Old Dec 30th, 2002, 10:17 PM
Brad

We recently saw Phantom of the Opera in London. A couple of weeks in advance was all we needed to get decent seats.