Reload this Page >

theater in London

Search

theater in London

Search this Thread

Old Dec 9th, 2002, 04:40 PM
Neil

theater in London

Is it possible to get theater tickets this time of year without reservations? We would like to see something while there.

Old Dec 9th, 2002, 04:43 PM
Myer

If you don't have a particular play in mind go over to TKTS at Lecester Sq the afternoon of the performance and see what's available at half price. <BR><BR>There are many good shows.<BR>

Old Dec 9th, 2002, 04:49 PM
xxx

Or once you are in London, get a copy of Time Out magazine, see what's on and call the box office for tickets. Or if you are sight seeing in the West End and pass by the many theaters , go into the box offices and ask what seats are available .

Old Dec 9th, 2002, 07:36 PM
Andrea

I have never been to London (am just now planning my trip), so take that into consideration when evaluating my response . . . <BR><BR>However, if you have your heart set on a particular show, or if you know that you want to see one of the top 10, I highly reccomend you make your reservations now. <BR><BR>We're there for 9 days at the end of this month, and have 4 shows we're interested in (all top shows) - and I was only able to find ONE with an evening showing (and on a Thursday, not my first choice). <BR><BR>I do realize that there are other ways to get tickets, and that Ticketmaster is only sold out of the tickets they've been allocated (not ALL tickets), but to me, at least, it's a sign that the shows are at least ON THEIR WAY to selling out.<BR><BR>Personally, we hope to catch a couple of shows, but are hoping to get the half price tickets as well. So that we're not completely disappointed, however, I booked tickets to the ONE show we MOST want to see, then we'll play our luck upon arrival with other shows.<BR><BR>A website that was EXTREMELY helpful to me in planning was www.theatremonkey.com. They have (typically short) reviews of all shows (including website visitor-added reviews), as well as a color-coded seating chart that lists the best value seats, average seats, and seats to avoid. I plan on printing the charts for the shows I'm interested in and taking them with me to the half-price booth upon arrival in London.

Old Dec 9th, 2002, 07:39 PM
Andrea

Clarification: When I said we only found one show with an evening performance, I meant WITH tickets available online through various booking agents. All the shows have over 10 performances throughout our trip, but only 1 of the 4 had even ONE evening performance with availability online (according to my searches).

Old Dec 9th, 2002, 07:44 PM
Kent

We were in London Oct 13-21 &amp; tried to get advance tickets to Lion King, with no luck. We did get Mamma Mia, but through an online broker for a premium. Anyway, we were in Harrod's our first day &amp; saw that they have a ticket office. We were able to get great seats, also a little premium. But we did get them!