Reload this Page >

Advice on Upcoming London Trip

Search

Search this Thread

Old Dec 27th, 2002, 11:35 AM
Allen

Hi.<BR>My girlfriend and I are trying to plan a weekend trip to London (from New York) in mid-January. We hope to leave on the evening of January 16 and then fly back on January 19th. I noticed that the airfare for these dates is around $360/person. Does anyone know about any promotions effective for this period? I have looked at a few websites, but they all seem to require a 3-night stay. Any tips? Thanks in advance.

Old Dec 27th, 2002, 12:44 PM
elaine

Allen<BR>You don't say which websites you looked at, but if you haven't already, try looking at expedia.com just to see what they have. Then take that information, and try a travel agent to see if the deal can be equalled or bettered.<BR><BR>I note that your stay would include a Sat. night, which should help a little.<BR>Are you looking for an evening flight on the 19th leaving London for New York, a red-eye that will get you back early in the am on the 20th? Otherwise you will have just two days in London.

Old Dec 27th, 2002, 12:52 PM
Mel

check out Virgin's Web site at virginatlantic.com, offpeaktraveler.com and go-today. Go-today is offering some really good 3 night packages.

Old Dec 27th, 2002, 01:11 PM
Allen

Thanks for your replies.<BR><BR>Elaine,<BR><BR>I am looking to leave around 11-11:30 p.m. London time. It won't be a &quot;red eye&quot; because New York is 6 hours behind (I will arrive in NY at approximately the same time - maybe an hour or two later - after leaving London). That should give me almost 3 days in London <BR><BR>Mel,<BR>I've checked gotoday.com. I will go ahead and check out the other two websites. Again, we will only be staying for two nights.<BR><BR>

Old Dec 28th, 2002, 04:29 AM
Nitpick

Hey Allen:<BR><BR>Not that it is crucial to your trip or planning, but you need to be aware that the time difference between East Coast USA and Britain is 5 hours, not six.<BR><BR>Have fun!

Old Dec 30th, 2002, 10:25 PM
Brad

Allen: try www.londontown.com or www.hotel-assist.com for specials. Both websites are very good and I have had positive experience with both.<BR><BR>$360/person is a great fare so I would take advantage of it if it is still available. Although you didn't ask for it, a nice romantic evening can be had simply by taking the Underground to the Westminster station and walking across the Thames river for a nice stroll past the aquarium and up to the London Eye.