the new Style Hotel Vienna

Search

Search this Thread

Old Mar 31st, 2005, 09:28 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I read about this hotel somewhere on this site. Does anyone have more info on this hotel, the location, rooms etc? Has anyone stayed here? Thanks
Old Mar 31st, 2005, 02:16 PM

Yes, I posted about it. I checked it out when I was in Vienna at the beginning of March. It's in the style of Le Meridien (in Vienna)--very modern, very chic, plasma TVs, hip bars, etc. In fact, it's even more trendy/modern than the Meridien. The Meridien attracts a significant business crowd; Style Hotel is definitely going after the designer/artist etc. market. The location is great...right next to the Herrengasse ubahn stop and across the street from the famed Cafe Central. The rooms are nicely furnished, the staff were pleasant, the bar is definitely buzzing (younger crowd--mostly under 35). Downsides: wouldn't recommend it for anyone driving into town--no parking at hotel and getting to the hotel could be tricky unless you know your way around Vienna. Also smaller than Le Meridien--only 60 rooms (good for most individual travelers, bad for the company I work for as they need to house about 70 to 100 people for the convention). No taxi stand nearby that I saw and taxis weren't hanging around the hotel as they do around the bigger, business oriented hotels.
Current price is about 140 euros/night for a double. The front desk staff told me the prices will rise to about 200 euros/night in high season. Suites are around 310 euros per night. Can't remember whether that includes breakfast.
Web site is www.stylehotel.at but the web site was still under construction when I looked last week.
I give it thumbs up. Will probably try it myself on my next trip.
Hope this helps!
Old Mar 31st, 2005, 03:49 PM
Original Poster

Thank you BTilke for all that information. The web site for Style hotel is up and running now with at least limited pictures.
I have reservations at the Bristol and now the Grand has a very good deal. Do you have an opinion on those for location and quality of rooms etc???
Old Mar 31st, 2005, 04:59 PM

First, thanks to Molker, who first told me about the Style Hotel.
I spent a week at the Grand and liked it very much. I had an excellent room, great service. I enjoyed coming back to the piano music in the lobby salon late in the afternoon; the health club had good equipment (better than the equipment at the Meridien). The Grand has what is arguably Vienna's best Japanese restaurant. I liked the location as well. The Grand is on my short list for next year's Vienna trip, depending on the deal I can get (I stayed at the Meridien this year and while I liked it overall, I don't think I'll go back).
Old Apr 1st, 2005, 02:42 AM
Original Poster

Thanks for your reply. I think with all the info you have given me we will stay at the Grand instead of the Bristol. They have a good deal on now through the internet which is not prepaid. Your info has been very helpful.
Old Apr 1st, 2005, 07:45 AM

Enjoy your trip! The only thing I didn't like about the Grand was that they showed Fox News instead of CNN International ;-)
P.S. If you want to avoid mini-bar charges for bottled water, go up to the health club where they have tons of bottled water (still and sparkling) set out for free. It's a petty thing--I know!--but nonetheless, passing it on.
Old Apr 2nd, 2005, 03:53 AM

Style hotel looks good but much construction is happening nearby. It must be noisy in some of the rooms toward the back of the hotel. This construction starts early in the morning ( 6:30 + - ) as I see it when iIwalk by in the The hotel seems to have numerous guests- but can not comment as I have not stayed there