Reload this Page >

The Cranley in S. Kensington

Search

Search this Thread

Old Oct 31st, 2002, 04:27 PM
Sherry

Has anyone stayed at the Cranley in South Kensington? My husband and I are looking for a place to stay 3 nights over Christmas (probably Dec. 22-25). We don't want to blow the bank, but want to stay someplace somewhat homey, charming and nice, but still private, as we will be in London alone for our first Christmas together. Other suggestions are welcome. We're trying to stay in the $160 US range.

Old Oct 31st, 2002, 11:57 PM
xxx

I am staying at the Cranley tomorrow. (Not cranley Gardens) I will post what I think when I have access too a computer.

Old Nov 1st, 2002, 03:42 AM
xxx

I stayed at the Cranley a few weeks ago and was very pleased. Only a few blocks from the Gloucester Rd. tube station, lovely staff and rooms. Will be going back there for Thanksgiving.

Old Nov 1st, 2002, 03:46 AM
Sherry

Hi Sherry<BR>I can't stay I have stayed there but I must say you have chosen a particularly good area. Its very central and I imagine most hotels are very nice in South Ken.<BR>

Old Nov 4th, 2002, 12:20 AM
dina

I am staying at the Cranley on Bina Gardens. We havea room with 2 beds it is a 10 minute walk to the tube. the sheets are frette. the rooms are nice small. the service is excellent. I was sick when I arrived and they were very helpful.<BR><BR>It is a bit noisy though.

Old Nov 4th, 2002, 03:08 AM
just

The Cranley on Bina gardens is lovely, but I'm wodering where you found a $160.00 US dollar rate for them. The lowest promotional rate I have been able to find for a standard diouble is 162 POUNDS about $245.00 Us dollars

Old Nov 4th, 2002, 11:07 AM
Sherry

That is the rate we were quoted at www.cranley.com upon inquiring about staying 4 nights over the Christmas holiday. My guess it is a combo the length of our stay and the timing (Christmas).

Old Nov 4th, 2002, 03:09 PM
Nelly

I booked the Cranley for the end of this week for six nights. Was only able to find a rate of 110 pounds (executive double), although I have seen on this site that others have obtained a lower rate. Has anyone been successful in getting the rate down once they get there? My rate was from lateroom.com Also, someone mentioned yesterday that the Cranley was a bit noisy. This is a real concern for me since I am an early to bed person. Is there any room I should ask for that might be quiet?

Old Nov 5th, 2002, 01:02 PM
DINA

I AM STAYING THERE NOW. I got my room on laterooms.com. i needed two bed and found 120 &pound; a night the best rate. It was noisy the first night beause of neighbors it has been great since.

Old Nov 5th, 2002, 01:15 PM
Sherry

Thanks, Dina.<BR><BR>As I said, we'll be there over Christmas. We went ahead and booked it. 120 pounds for deluxe/executive. (it is 110 for standard).<BR><BR>Any suggestions on rooms to request or anything?

Old Nov 5th, 2002, 11:42 PM
dina

I am paying 120&pound; for the exutive twin now so that is a good price. All the rooms sem nice. I am staying on the first floor. The hotel has champagne adn great hor douerves at 7 and they really like you to partake. I have missed there afternoon tea each day. I will find out about other good rooms before I leave andpost them.

Old Dec 5th, 2002, 07:07 AM
Andrea

We've just booked the Cranley over Christmas week for 90 GBP per night including tax and breakfast. I couldn't be more thrilled - the hotel looks great and gets RAVE reviews!<BR><BR>I found my rate on www.londonnights.com - a fabulous rate and they were very helpful.

Old Dec 11th, 2002, 08:37 AM
Dina

I stayed at the Cranley in November and it was lovely. My friend and I split the bill but I got charged for the whole thing. The hotel has no clue what happened. Trying to fix this from overseas is a pain. So this changes my view of the hotel from good to somewhat incompetent.

Old Dec 11th, 2002, 11:49 AM
Marcia

I stayed at the Cranley last May. I thought it was nice but not if you are on a business trip (I got the feeling you will be there on vacation). <BR><BR>It is like being in a cute B&amp;B but I would not recommend it to a business traveler. There are no facilities such as a business center, fitness center, etc which become very important if you are on the road 80% of the time (my case). <BR><BR>Enjoy!<BR>Marcia

Old Dec 11th, 2002, 11:56 AM
Sherry

Thanks, everyone. Yes, Marcia, I will be there on vacation. We ended up booking an executive double for 120 pounds on the website. A regular double can be had for 90 pounds (as Andrea noted). We called the hotel and they said there is a &quot;big&quot; difference between the two-- we shall see, and I will post when we return. We booked 5 nights (the 21st to the 26th). We are excited.

Old Jan 22nd, 2003, 04:45 AM
ttt

topping