Reload this Page >

Thames River Cruise

Search

Thames River Cruise

Search this Thread

Old Oct 1st, 2002, 06:50 AM
Ric

Thames River Cruise

I'll be visiting London in two weeks. Can anyone recommend a good one? I've read about the cruise up to Windsor. Arethere any others that are good that take just a few hours...I'm not sure I want to devote an entire day on a cruise and excursion, but I would certainly like to experience cruising on the Thames. <BR><BR>I was thinking maybe on my first day (I arrive at 9:45am)...since I will be tired, that a river cruise might be a nice and easy thing to do. Any thoughts? Thanks.

Old Oct 1st, 2002, 08:43 AM
Dave

www.citycruises.com/rrrinfo.php

Old Oct 1st, 2002, 08:45 AM
Dave

www.frogtours.com

Old Oct 1st, 2002, 11:40 AM
carolyn

We went to Kew Gardens by river and came back by tube. If you would enjoy walking through the Gardens, being outside and moving would be a good way to combat jet lag on your first day. The Maids of Honour Tea Shop is across the road from Kew and is fabulous.

Old Oct 1st, 2002, 12:28 PM
Pam

Ric - We did exactly what your thinking of on our first day in London (arrived about 9:00AM). By the time we got to our hotel, had a bite to eat, figured out the tube to the Embankment (which is where our cruise departed from) it was great to sit and relax and view the sites. We went from the Embankment to Tower Bridge and I believe it took about 45 mins. It seems there are a couple of different tour operators offering the same duration tour. Enjoy your trip.

Old Oct 2nd, 2002, 06:53 AM
Ric

Thanks everyone for the replys. Dave, I checked the frogtours website and that is the one I would love to do. It it totally and completely different! and I think a great way to spend that first afternoon to get an overview of the city and get my river cruise!. It says the tour is around 70 minutes, meaning if I did a tour around 3 in the afternoon, it might get tied up with rush hour traffic? or need I not worry about that?<BR><BR>Thanks<BR>Ric

Old Oct 2nd, 2002, 10:19 AM
Jen

The Frog Tours is unique within London, but is not reqally unique -- there are similar tours in several US cities -- the one in Boston is known as the Duck Tours. We enjoyed the Catamaran Cruisers trip down to Greenwich -- very entertaining!

Old Oct 7th, 2002, 04:56 AM
Patricia

I did the London Eye ride and then the boat ride on the Thames River.<BR><BR>Really nice and very relaxing..<BR><BR>I took really nice pictures from both tours..