London river cruise

Mar 1st, 2007, 05:15 PM
Original Poster

London river cruise

Just wondering if anyone here has taken a Thames river cruise and has any feedback.
Mar 1st, 2007, 05:27 PM

hundreds (probably thousands) of people take them every day - what sort of feedback are you looking for?

There are many options from short like Tate-to-Tate or from Westminster to the Tower, to longer ones like down to Greenwich or up to Hampton Court.
Mar 1st, 2007, 05:33 PM
Original Poster

We will be in London end of April to May 2. I was looking at a long cruise to Greenwich and also to Hampton Court. Have 7 days to see London. Our travel and sightseeing will be dictated by weather not time
Mar 1st, 2007, 06:07 PM

The cruise up to Kew Gardens from Westminster is a very pleasant 90 minutes, plus you end up in Kew Gardens, which is lovely.<br>
Going the other way, be sure to get the cruise that goes around the Thames Barrier -- fascinating. Combine it with nearby Greenwich on the same cruise and you've got another nice day. This one was my favorite.
Mar 1st, 2007, 07:04 PM

Did the Westminster Bridge to Kew Gardens cruise a few years ago. It was ok but the tide was out and the muddy banks and rubbish were exposed which was not very attractive.
And as we were a captive audience, the boat crew passed the hat around for extra tips which I thought was very rude.
I would not do it again and came back from Kew by train.