Terminal Name Changes at FCO!

Search

Search this Thread

Old Oct 23rd, 2009, 09:05 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

The ADR is RE-Numbering all the terminals at FCO. And somehow they’ve made it more confusing than before….

Here’s the text translated - Badly - from their website:

On the night of 10/24 small “army” of engineers and workers will take to the field to change the signs of the terminal, roads, car parks and in all areas open to the public.

The change in signage is designed both to rationalize the existing situation but also to realign the signs to the situation as regards the designation of the Terminal, the big international airports. The new nomenclature of reference for the system of the terminals has been determined:

Terminal A is renamed Terminal 1 (T1)
Terminal AA is renamed Terminal 2 (T2)
Terminals B and C (now merged) are renamed Terminal 3 (T3)
Terminal subsidiary sensitive flight is confirmed Terminal 5 (T5)
New name, literal B, C, D, G, H, of the boarding areas.

So if you've been to FCO often, you'll have to adjust as B and C are now gate areas and not Terminals! So be prepared... starting tomorrow, October 25!

For a map of the new Terminal layout, go to the website: http://www.adr.it/portal/portal/adr/...onAllowed=true

Or you can get the link and more info here: http://www.roninrome.com/2009/10/22/...inal-s-at-fco/

Good Luck!
Ron in Rome
Old Oct 24th, 2009, 01:33 AM

I can only imagine the chaos that is going to result.
We arrived home last night after a fantastic 10 days in Positano however despite allowing 3 hours at FCO we were lucky to make a connecting flight because of delays.
Alitalia flight departure out of Napoli was delayed by around 45 minutes then when we arrived at FCO there were no steps resulting in another 30 minutes wait. To make matters worse the baggage for all passeners didn't arrive for well over an hour!
The flight number simply disappeared from the electronic notice boards indicating the carousel number without explanation.
No one knew what was going!
We made our connecting Emirates flight to Dubail and then Australia by a minute or two. I guess we are lucky the terminal numbering change didn't take place a day earlier!
We shouldn't have been surprised about the baggage situation as a very similar delay occured on arrival at Naples from Gatwick on the way in with an hour's delay and no explanation.

Having been through FCO several times previously we anticipated problems but thought 3 hours would be enough time to compensate.
Old Oct 24th, 2009, 05:22 AM

Watraveller: Your mistake was taking Alitalia. As far as the flight disappearing from the electronic board....I know with Alitalia when they code share the name of the other airline will show. The last time I will ever take Alitalia we were changing in Milano. Every time I looked at the board I kept seeing Delta. My husband caught it when it was saying Alitalia. Yours might have been saying AirOne which is merging with Alitalia.

Besides that, Alitalia has become a screw-up airline with nothing but problems.
Old Oct 24th, 2009, 06:47 AM

Received 6 Likes on 1 Post
I had to transit through Fiumicino on Alitalia yesterday, and I must say that it is an experience that I do not wish to do again at any time in the foreseeable future.

I think the only solution for that airport is to just tear the whole thing down and start over again.

As for Alitalia, all we can hope for is that Air France-KLM completes its takeover in 2012 and changes everything.
Old Oct 24th, 2009, 07:22 AM

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts
hi ron,

thanks so much for posting this. I have purchased tickets with easyjet that have us ariving at Terminal B next February. thanks to you, i now know not to be totally confused when we get there and find that it's actually Terminal 3.

can I just say that ypour website is excellent? - it's proving invaluable in my planning of our week-long stay.

regards, ann