Ten hour layover in Geneva Switzerland

Search

Search this Thread

Old Jul 23rd, 2003, 09:14 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I have a 10 hour layover in Geneva Switzerland. Does anyone have any suggestions on what I should do in Geneva that's interesting and not to time consuming

Foxy
Old Jul 23rd, 2003, 11:09 AM

As I recall from my visit last May to Geneva, it was very quiet and I just enjoyed walking the city, around the lake (and fountain), and various parks. We had a short time there also, so we just found a local restaurant to spend our evening in, browsed through the shops and that was it.

Old Jul 23rd, 2003, 11:49 AM

Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts
The train station is connected to the airport. Very convenient. So you could possibly go out to Lausanne, Vevey, or Montreux (within 1 hour ride) and walk around. These smaller towns would be easier to see most of in a few hours stay than downtown Geneva. Have lunch on the quai (walkway) along Lac Leman ("Lake Geneva&quot.

Returning go to the FINAL stop of the train. There is one Geneva stop prior to the airport/Gevena termination.
Old Jul 23rd, 2003, 11:59 AM

Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts
Vevey would be my first choice of the three I mentioned. The train station is right in the center of town. You could easily find a very nice place for lunch nearby, walk along the lake promonade, do a bit of shopping, within short walking distance to/from the train station and without feeling rushed.

So allowing ~1 hour each way train ride + 2-4 hours within central Vevey, leaving 4 hours extra for airport stuff and unforseen delays. Perfect! (if I do say so myself~ haha).
Old Jul 24th, 2003, 01:53 PM
Original Poster

Thank you all so much for the helpful information.