Teenage Girls in Florence

Search

Search this Thread

Old Jun 23rd, 2004, 07:40 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

We will spend at least 3 days in Florence in July and I am wondering if you have any hot tips of interest to teenage girls. We will take in the big museums, but am wondering about other sites or shopping/eating ideas. (Dad and 11 year old boy easy to please with glass of wine or gelato respectively)
Thanks so much!
Old Jun 23rd, 2004, 07:43 AM

Don't worry about the girls! There are so many cute little shops and all those outside vendors, not to mention the outdoor market. What you need to worry about are the good looking Italian boys on their Vespas!
Old Jun 23rd, 2004, 07:47 AM
Original Poster

Dear Grasshopper-The boys are Dad's job to worry about)
Old Jun 23rd, 2004, 08:02 AM

I agree. There are a lot of cute shops, including trendy clothing shops, that they will probably be interested in. They should have a great time!
Old Jun 24th, 2004, 04:32 PM

Take her to the marketplace....shopping for leather goods and other items. If she likes shopping, it is fun.
Old Jun 24th, 2004, 06:47 PM

I saw this thread, went "OHMYGAWD", had a flashback and would have to say, hot tips of interest for teenage girls (assuming American) would be boys, boys and boys. Parents, hold onto your children!
Old Jun 24th, 2004, 07:29 PM

How long will you be in Italy and how old are the girls? Generally, I recommend a day spent around the Central Market. Take them to see the ornate Medici Chapels in San Lorenzo in the morning(8:30-2, Tues, Thurs, Fri; double check the time, and don't substitute the church for the chapels), then spend lunch and the rest of the morning buying stuff at the market surrounding the church and inside the market building. A great, fun, delicious (and very native) choice for lunch in Nerbone (stall 292) inside the market. It is a sandwich bar that has been open since 1874. There are a few tables, but most people just eat standing up. At the market you can buy leather purses, jackets, t-shirts, jewelry, etc. When walking back towards the Duomo, stop at the Pasticceria Robiglio on the via dei Serci and indulge with some cakes and sweets. For dinner, eat at Aqua al 2, where you can share pastas and eat early, a la American. Or try the Cafe at Cibreo ("Cibreino&quot Cibreo is very famous, but the cafe is cheaper and just as good. If the 'kids' are really missing t.v, etc, locate Danny Rock on the via Pandolfini--it has great pizza, and lots of large screen t.v.s showing english shows. They have hamburgers, pizza and sweet and savory pancakes. At night, in the summer, ask about any musical events that are performed outside. If you are really missing american culture, there is an english version movie theater right near Vivoli gelato and at the Odeon at he Piazza Strozzi. I find that teenagers are easier to entertain when they have a fun and knowledgeable guide. It is sometimes worth the money to hire a guide for the day to take you around the city and show its highlights. Have a great time.
Old Jun 25th, 2004, 06:47 AM
Original Poster

Dear rine1967-Thanks so much for such great details! Have printed out your ideas and will have them handy. My troops are veteran travelers, but I love being able to skip to the good parts and not lose their attention!