Taxis and Strike

May 22nd, 2003, 07:03 AM
Original Poster

Taxis and Strike

I'm arriving at CDG on Sunday, the day of the scheduled rail and metro strike. I was planning on taking a taxi into Paris to the 7th. Do you think that the taxi wait will be crazy or should I try to arrange for a car services instead?
May 22nd, 2003, 07:38 AM

We just returned from Paris on Monday and we had no trouble getting a taxi.

I hope you like to walk because the metro was shut down most of the time we were there.

If you have any other questions just ask.
May 22nd, 2003, 10:55 AM

That's a good question, but I have not read anything about a rail and metro stike on Sunday. Even during a strike, all rail and metro shouldn't be closed so it's possible it might not matter anyway(often they just run fewer trains during strikes, and then it may only affect some of the lines). However, just in case, if you can arrange for a pickup, why not, sounds like a good idea.

If you can't, I probably wouldn't worry about it because from what I've read, there is no scheduled rail and metro strike for Sunday, only Air France employees and some other unions for other kinds of workers. I think RATP workers have threatened a possible strike for June 3rd, not May 25th, and SNCF on June 2nd and at gare Montparnasse on May 26th. It's true, you never know, though -- it's possible they might strike in sympathy on May 25th.
May 22nd, 2003, 05:06 PM
ita

My experience of last week was that taxis at CDG are delayed because of security threats. Both arriving and leaving this happened to us. Then as we were passing through the airport security we were all evacuated from the building while a suitcase was blown up by security. This happens everytime a suitcase is found without an owner. I would advise allowing lots of pre flight time. We were there over 2 hours prior to departure and just made the plane.
May 22nd, 2003, 05:30 PM

Well, if you want to pre-arrange, here is PariShuttle... www.parishuttle.com