Search

Tattoo without appointment in Paris

Search this Thread

Old Sep 5th, 2012, 10:20 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Tattoo without appointment in Paris

Hi,
I need some urgent help. 4 of my friends, all girls, are in Paris this week and they want to get small tattoos done as a tribute to their holiday. Unfortunately, most of the top tattoo parlours in Paris (Mystery, Tin Tin, Tribal Act etc.) do not take walk-in's without appointments. Appointments are not available for months in these places. They want to do it this Saturday, the 8th of September in the evening. Does anyone know of any locations that allow for walk-ins? The tattoo designs they've chosen are not so complicated, so the sketch, transfer and ink processes should not take long. It should be a hygienic place with decent artistes and preferably in a location safe for 4 women as well. Can someone help? Thank you
Old Sep 6th, 2012, 02:48 AM

I hope not. Before people get tattoos, they should have to go to a bar where they see how tattoos look after twenty years. Horrible.
Old Sep 6th, 2012, 03:27 AM

Have you tried googling "tattoo parlors pars" or "magasin de tatouages paris" or gone to the french yellow pages (pagesjaunes.fr)?

http://www.pagesjaunes.fr/annuaire/paris-75/tatouages
Old Sep 6th, 2012, 07:39 AM

Hope your hep shots are up to date..Tattoo parlors can be incubators of serious problems..Other tributes to their holidays would be much more appropriate and certainky less deadly!! Caution and common sense are the key words here.
Old Sep 6th, 2012, 08:09 AM

This may not be the right place to ask that question.

I wouldn't think too many fodorites are sporting tattoos.

Maybe someone on Lonely Planet might help but, just a question, wouldn't you want to go to the best place there is for something that is permanent on your body? Maybe you will go back to Paris one day and get a tattoo.
Old Sep 6th, 2012, 09:28 AM

I'm not sure I would go to some person who took walk-ins as they couldn't be that good or they wouldn't do that. Think about it.

you can read about the top places in www.paristopten.com but you've named some so maybe they all require appts.

Here is a place that will do tattoos without appt in the 20th
http://www.pagesjaunes.fr/pros/52325792
Old Sep 6th, 2012, 10:25 AM

While it would be great to say, "I got my tattoo done in Paris to commemorate my trip," I think I'd rather get a tattoo done AFTER the trip at a place that's been recommended by someone who has been to that artist. Christina has a great point~the reason those places you named are booked up is because they are highly recommended. I have a tattoo that I love, but I went to an artist whose work I had seen on several different friends. Better to wait than have something permanent that will end up on ugliesttattoos.com
Old Sep 7th, 2012, 02:35 AM
Original Poster

LSky, I think you'l be surprised, but nonetheless I understand the concerns you have all stated here and will pass it on to my friends. I do agree, that an unplanned tattoo at an umfamiliar place may not be the best idea, even if it is a simple one! Tenthumbs, thanks for that weblink, thats some ugly ink!
Old Sep 7th, 2012, 04:50 AM

Yelp might be able to help : www.yelp.fr
Old Sep 8th, 2012, 08:53 PM

And they won't settle for a nighttime boat ride on the Seine?
Oh, to be that young (and foolish) again.
Old Sep 9th, 2012, 09:31 AM

Are you a Maori ? If not, there is no good reason to get inked. Why don't you girls get a henna "tattoo" ? Fun and it disappears with time. Tattoos are SO common (vulgar). Don't do this to yourselves.
Old Sep 21st, 2012, 10:31 PM
Original Poster

Wow, I am coming back to this thread after a few days, and I gotta say, its turned into "lessons on acceptable behavior" here. Cmon guys, we're all adults here. Bedar, "Am I Maori? Seriously? How culturally myopic of you. So the question, let me rephrase, I have is not whether its a good idea to get a tattoo or not, but where to get it from. Anyway, they could not find a place, so instead, the girls went skydiving, and loved it.Thank you to some of you who atleast attempted to help!