Tallivent

Old Jan 14th, 2003, 09:34 AM
Spike

Tallivent

I wanted to enjoy at least one &quot;special&quot; meal in France, so I made a reservation at Tallivent. What would be the typical cost of a meal for 2 without alcohol? They also suggest their other more casual restaraunt L’ANGLE du Faubourg. Has anyone dined there?<BR><BR>Thanks in advance.

Old Jan 14th, 2003, 09:41 AM
Steven

You will probably spend at least 400 Euro if you want three to four courses each. And that might be a little bit low. You should have a bottle of wine, they have some great bottles on their list and some are reasonable. I have never tried L'Angle. I have been quite content with Taillevent. Have a good time.

Old Jan 14th, 2003, 10:10 AM
elaine

Taillevent is pretty formal, and very expensive. It's also perfect imo. I agree with Steven's minimum estimate, wine will be the big factor.

Old Jan 14th, 2003, 11:44 AM
Spike

We don't drink, hence no alcohol. 400 is very high for me. What would you suggest for a special meal in the 200 euro range?

Old Jan 14th, 2003, 12:26 PM
Sue

I'd try lunch; I don't think you can get a dinner at Taillevent for 100 euro/person.

Old Jan 14th, 2003, 12:55 PM
foodie

Spike, you can read Taillevent's menu online and then decide, whether it still appeals to you.<BR><BR>www.taillevent.com<BR><BR>Usually, the best bets at those kind of restaurants are the sampler menus. <BR>At Taillevent, it runs at 130 Euro. From what I understand, you can order it for lunch or dinner. Mineral water, coffee, etc. are extra, of course.<BR>You'll find it as well on the above web page. No choices though, it's a set menu.<BR><BR>If you order a la carte, let's say a 3-course menu, you'll definitely end up higher.

Old Jan 14th, 2003, 12:56 PM
jahoulih

The menu degustation is 130 Euros per person, presumably including tax and service, and it sounds pretty good:<BR><BR>http://www.taillevent.com/english/index.html<BR><BR>(Click on &quot;Today,&quot; then &quot;The sampler menu.&quot<BR><BR>You could get three courses a la carte for a little less than that.

Old Jan 14th, 2003, 02:34 PM
Ira

Hi Spike,<BR> Don't worry about an additional $100. You will remember a meal at Taillevent for the rest of your life. (Not to mention the story you will be able to tell)