Search

Suggestions on these B&B in Bruges

Search this Thread

Old Jan 10th, 2005, 09:17 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Suggestions on these B&B in Bruges

Hello,
I would appreciate some feedback/suggestions on the following B&B and Hotels in Bruges:

Debruyne B&B http://www.bedandbreakfastbruges.com/
(in our price range, but looks more modern than what I have in mind)

Absoluut Verhulst
http://www.b-bverhulst.com/k1_flash.html
(Website quotes 75 euros for 2 people, but I don't know if they have availability for our dates)

Hotel Cordoeanier
http://www.cordoeanier.be/Engels/beschrijvingEng.htm
(Also don't know about their availability as of yet)

Hotel Adornes
http://www.proximedia.com/web/adornes.html
(I've emailed them to ask about a rate, but I haven't heard back yet)

The Geerwijn
http://www.sin.be/chrisdeloof/index2.html

We have a reservation at t'Geerwijn (60 euros for a double room with bath), but I have read some negative comments regarding their cleanliness and not receiving an attached bathroom when the website says all rooms have them. I would love to hear some more recent experiences with them or any of the other places I've narrowed it down to.

We are looking for something in a good location, that is clean with a private bath and under $100 a night for a double. Any other suggestions would be very welcome.
Old Jan 10th, 2005, 01:11 PM
Original Poster

Bump....

Can anyone help me on this?
Old Jan 10th, 2005, 01:41 PM

Try the Pandhotel in Brugges. Excellent service and quality rooms. Nice breakfast too.
Old Jan 10th, 2005, 02:28 PM
Original Poster

msuguy78, thank you for your reply.

The Pandhotel does indeed look very nice, however, I was hoping to find something closer to my stated budget (under $100 for a double w/bath) and the Pandhotel's website says a double is from 150-170 euros.

Does anyone else have any suggestions?
Old Jan 10th, 2005, 03:33 PM

The Absolut Verhulst certainly gets good reviews on several sites. ie tripadvisor and rick steves.
Old Jan 10th, 2005, 03:45 PM

I enjoyed my stay at the Hotel Adornes in 2002. Rooms are spacious and relatively modern, the hotel is in a quiet location, and it was run by a very personable family. The buffet breakfast was huge and wonderful.

I loved being in Brugges in February...much more enjoyable in the off-season IMHO.
Old Jan 11th, 2005, 02:48 AM
Original Poster

Thank you both for your replies.

wren - Absolut Verhulst did email me back and they have availability for my dates. I'm starting to lean towards them even though they are a bit more expensive then my other choices (75 euros).

eurogoer - I emailed the Hotel Adornes quite a while ago to inquire on their rates, but they haven't emailed me back. I cannot even find an idea of how much a double room would be on their site (maybe I'm over looking it). It does look nice though, and thanks for letting me know it was quiet - that is important to me too! Oh, and we are going in May - I hope it's not too busy then.

I also wanted to add that the Hotel Cordoeanier has availability for my dates also at a rate of 65 euros.
Old Jan 11th, 2005, 08:58 PM

We stayed 3 nights at Absoluut Verhulst in September 2003. Frieda and Benno are wonderful hosts and our room was large and had everything we needed. Breakfasts were wonderful and the location is great. There are also close to some good restaurants.
Old Jan 22nd, 2005, 04:29 AM

We stayed at the Absoluut Verhulst in May 2004. GREAT place and really nice couple. Really yummy breakfast on fine dishes. Nicely decorated and conveniently located. Wouldn't hesitate to recomend it. You won't be disappointed. Go to Dumon for a box of delicious chocolates too!

Sarah
Old Jan 22nd, 2005, 05:52 AM

http://www.hotels-belgium.com/hb-bru...ermanshuys.htm

I found this little b&b to be entirely satisfactory some years ago. If you're still looking for budget rates. J.
Old Jan 31st, 2005, 11:59 AM
Original Poster

Thanks everyone!
I just wanted to update my post to say that I made a reservation at Absoluut Verhulst for our trip. I will report back after our trip in May, but the B&B sounds very charming!
Old Feb 23rd, 2005, 12:47 PM

When will you be there Nicole? We will be staying in the loft room at Absoluut Verhulst May 4 & 5.
Old Feb 23rd, 2005, 04:47 PM

We will be there at the end of June. I am already impressed by the people who run it just by the short correspondence we have had.