Search

Suggestions for accomodations in Bruges

Search this Thread

Old Feb 14th, 2003, 12:00 PM
kjl
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Suggestions for accomodations in Bruges

We will be traveling to Bruges from Paris<BR>the weekend of 4/06/03 on route to Germany<BR>for business.<BR><BR>I would appreciate any recommendations in regard to hotels or B&amp;B's for that weekend.<BR>I have tried the Hotel Prinsenhof but they<BR>sold out that weekend. I am also waiting<BR>to hear from the Artist's House B&amp;B.<BR><BR>Also, if anyone has any recommendations for<BR>restaurants I would welcome your feedback.<BR><BR>TIA <BR>
Old Feb 14th, 2003, 01:34 PM

Definitely check out Number 11. I think their web site is www.number11.be
Old Feb 14th, 2003, 01:35 PM

Oops, forgot to mention the RockFort restaurant--*the* place to dine in Brugge these days.
Old Feb 14th, 2003, 01:44 PM

We too were unable to book the Prinsenhof this past summer -- although we were trying 10 months ahead. We loved our stay at the Romantik Pandhotel instead. And spectacular breakfast. There is considerable difference in rooms there, so obviously the higher the price the better the room -- all are beautifully decorated, but the standards are really very small.
Old Feb 14th, 2003, 03:10 PM

http://www.proximedia.com/web/adornes.html<BR>Try the Adornes. I stayed there Oct/01 and loved it! The web page does not due the hotel and the location justice. The hotel is directly on a canal with a small, stone bridge going over the canal. There is a tiny pub just over the bridge that has good beer and decent food. They also offer great underground parking and free bikes. About a 5 minute walk to the town square, or head East 3 minutes to the large canal with the windmills. Really a great place. Comfy rooms with ultra modern bathrooms. Be sure to ask for a room with a view of the canal!
Old Feb 14th, 2003, 04:23 PM

I have stayed at 'T Bourgoensche Cruyce Hotel in Brugge many years ago. It is a tiny restaurant and hotel(maybe 10 rooms?) with some of the most romantic views in Brugge. In fact, it is one of the buildings often seen in photographs depicting Brugge in guidebooks, etc. The room was small and nothing special, but the view and the restaurant sure were special. The price is less expensive than its sister hotel, a pure white building across the canal, but I can't recall its name. Have a wonderful time.
Old Feb 14th, 2003, 05:57 PM

We stayed at the Hilton. It was the best Hilton we have ever seen. Extremely comfortable. The bottom floor is a museum of artifacts found when they built the hotel. It had parking (a big deal in Bruges). We planned to stay one night, but liked it aand Bruges we stayed three.
Old Feb 14th, 2003, 08:47 PM

Search for the thread:<BR><BR>Top 5 things in Brugges<BR><BR>http://www.fodors.com/forums/pgMessages.jsp?fid=2&amp;tid=1303493&amp;numrespon ses=24&amp;start=0&amp;keyword=120&amp;searchText= Bruges<BR><BR>Scroll down to pete and BillJ's recommendations for restaurants. The Connick was great for mussels and the Erasmus recommended by Pete was excellent.
Old Feb 15th, 2003, 08:28 AM
kjl
Original Poster

I wish to thank all of you for the recommendations and advise. I received an email today that I can reserve a room<BR>at Number 11 for 115 Euros a night including breakfast. <BR><BR>There website is wonderful and I look<BR>forward to staying there. We will be in<BR>Room #2 decorated in grey/white.<BR><BR>http://users.pandora.be/number11/<BR><BR>I am very excited to visit Bruges!!<BR><BR>