Reload this Page >

Studio near Residenza San Pantaleo in Rome

Search

Search this Thread

Old Mar 26th, 2002, 07:44 AM
Kathi

Hi. I was wondering if anyone can advise me on this. We are staying in a "overflow" studio of Residenza San Pantaleo in May. I picked this hotel because of all the good press here. Does anyone know what the studios are like? This one is on the first floor on Via Governo Vecchio about 5 min. from Piazza Navona. Thanks! Also, can anyone comment on the offered airport pick up service? I heard one poster say they got ripped off. Thanks again.

Old Mar 26th, 2002, 08:27 AM
Kat

Please elaborate on offered pickup service. Are you referring to service the hotel will arrange or other? I am staying at the San Pantaleo in July and am considering using the service they recommend because it seemed easier and pretty much in line cost-wise with other services I checked out. Should I rethink this?<BR><BR>Please comment. Thanks.

Old Mar 26th, 2002, 09:43 AM
Kathi

Kat,<BR><BR>I am referring to the service the hotel will arrange for 47 Euros which will be waiting for us when we arrive and bring us right to the hotel. That's all I know. I don't know at this point if it's a professional service, or an employee from the hotel. Kathi

Old Mar 26th, 2002, 11:53 AM
Barb

I am staying there in Oct. and was offered the same service at 43 E. I think I have read here that a limo service was less than that.

Old Mar 26th, 2002, 01:03 PM
Sherry

I contacted [email protected] and I beleive the rates were a little less than that. It is one of the services mentioned in "twenj" and the most reasonable one I could find. That was in January. The prices may have changed since then.

Old Mar 26th, 2002, 02:17 PM
BOB THE NAVIGATOR

WWW.AIRPORTSHUTTLE.IT Check it out !

Old Mar 27th, 2002, 02:35 AM
Bob

Kathi --<BR><BR>Stayed at RSP last May and loved it. I think that their overflow accommodations would also be good.<BR><BR>Regarding limo service, I used limoservicerome.com & found them to be excellent in service and price. Check them out.<BR><BR>Bob

Old Mar 27th, 2002, 12:18 PM
Kathi

Thanks, Bob. We're looking forward to our trip.

Old Mar 27th, 2002, 01:59 PM
Sandi

Kathi,<BR><BR>Hello. I just returned two weeks ago from a vacation in Rome. I stayed six nights at the Residenza San Pantaleo (on the recommendation of Bob who answered above) and one final night at the studio apartment five minutes away because there was an involuntary (on my part) change in my flights and the RSP was already booked for my room on the extra night I needed. <BR><BR>Well, I really enjoyed the RSP itself and would stay there again. But I did not enjoy staying at the studio apartment, even though it was, truly, only a five minute walk away. I felt very uncomfortable staying here alone, maybe if you are traveling with someone you would not feel the same way. The room itself was fine, and the bathroom was modern and just fine also. But walking into the building and halfway on the way to the building I felt "unsafe", like you would feel in a dark-alley-type-unsafe. <BR><BR>Now, this was my first solo trip and as it was winding down some of the stresses I encountered along the way were finally getting to me. I wouldn't call it homesick either, but I was just ready to go home. I almost considered not staying in this studio apartment and catching one of the last trains to the airport and just camping out there for my early morning flight. But I stayed and everything was all right. <BR><BR>About transport to and from the airport... if your luggage is minimal and you don't mind public transport, take the Leonardo Express train from the airport to Termini. Then hop on bus #64 outside of Termini and it will take you directly to the Residenza San Pantaleo. There are LOTS of buses waiting outside but there are signs next to each of them listing their numbers and route or, of course, the bus itself will say the route number in front and the final destination. #64's final destination will say St. Peitro, I believe. You may have trouble knowing exactly when to get off the bus but I generally got off in front of the McDonalds and walked further on about a block to the RSP. The McDonalds was just the easiest "landmark" I could recognize while riding the sometimes crowded bus to know when to get off. The train ride from Airport to Termini was about 8 Euros and the bus ticket is about 75 cents. You can get the bus ticket at a Tabacchi shop inside Termini. <BR><BR>I really did enjoy staying at the RSP but not at this studio apartment. I hope you will have a good trip wherever you decide to stay. <BR><BR>Sandi

Old Mar 27th, 2002, 03:06 PM
Kathi

Sandi,<BR><BR>Thank you for your very informative reply. For some reason or another, I just haven't felt right about staying at the studio. I have many other options open, which now I think I shall explore. Thanks also for the excellent and practical advice about travelling from the airport on public transportation. I have read sooo many posts on sooo many things about Rome, but yours has been the best for me so far on that subject. Many thanks, Kathi

Old Apr 18th, 2002, 05:12 AM
elaine

topping for NoSpam

Old Mar 4th, 2003, 10:05 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Topping for Raineyday.... <BR><BR>P.S. As I was re-reading the original poster's question, I just realized she was asking about a studio on the first floor. Mine was definitely on the 2nd or 3rd floor. Sounds like they have several other rental properties. Sorry if I mislead you.