Search

storing luggage

Search this Thread

Old Nov 9th, 2007, 06:12 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
storing luggage

I am going to Rotterdam on business this weekend -- as I arrive into Amsterdam on Sunday morning -- I thought I would spend the day in Amsterdam -- before heading to Rotterdam and work. Two questions:
Any ideas on how/where to stach my luggage for the day?
Any suggestions for one day in Amsterdam -- not crazy about spending the day in museums after flying over.
Old Nov 9th, 2007, 06:36 AM

There are luggage lockers at Amsterdam Centraal station.
Old Nov 9th, 2007, 06:45 AM

And at Rotterdam Central Station as well and Schiphol Airport too
Old Nov 9th, 2007, 07:25 AM

As has already been mentioned, there are storage lockers available at the airport. They're located within the terminal - the ones I have used were near a restroom area - plenty of signs pointing the way.

The train station is connected to the airport, and it's only about 15 minutes to the central station in Amsterdam.

If you haven't taken a canal boat ride, it might be a good way to pass an hour or so. The architecture of the houses and the buildings is fascinating.

If the weather isn't too bad, just walking around and enjoying the scenery after a long flight could be a nice option, as well.

The Anne Frank Huis is also easily accessed from the station - not sure how long the lines to get in might be this time of year.

In my opinion, Schiphol is one of the best airports anywhere if you have a layover. Lots of shops and restaurants (and right now there is a free museum exhibit of paintings of old colonial era warships) ... and they actually have COMFORTABLE chairs to sit in!
Old Nov 9th, 2007, 07:43 AM

Make sure you bring something waterproof with you - I'm afraid the forecast for Sunday is for rain and a maximum of 11 celsius.
I would suggest a boat trip if you haven't already one one, wandering around the city if it isn't too wet, making use of any cafes you fancy to warm up in. You can always decide on a museum if the weather is too much.
If you leave your luggage at Schiphol you can get a train direct to Rotterdam from there. If you take your bagage to Amsterdam you can hire a locker there - €3.30 for a small one, €4.90 for a large one. They are cheaper at the station than at Schiphol. You can use your credit card to pay for it.
Remember the ticket machines do not accept credit cards, only ATM/debit cards with a PIN. No chip needed.
Old Nov 9th, 2007, 07:59 AM

So American ATM cards with a PIN canuse the machines

Dank u
Old Nov 9th, 2007, 09:01 AM

If your ATM card has a Maestro logo on it you can use the machines with a 4 cipher PIN.
Old Nov 9th, 2007, 09:06 AM

Remember Rotterdam station is one big contruction, so better store your luggage in Amsterdam.
A new station is built, the station is now in a temporary building.
Old Nov 9th, 2007, 09:11 AM

how about a quick stop to one of the cafes, pick up some space cakes and make your way to the van gogh museum....
Old Nov 9th, 2007, 10:28 AM

Summagold, that would be a coffee shop not a cafe....
Old Nov 9th, 2007, 10:52 AM

a big T-H-A-N-K Y-O-U, hetismij, for the correction.
Old Nov 9th, 2007, 12:16 PM

koffie shop serves coffee

coffee shop may serve coffee but very little but serves cannabis from a posted menu