Search

Staying outside Dublin

Search this Thread

Old Jan 1st, 2018, 03:56 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Staying outside Dublin

Hello!

My wife and I will be visiting late May early June. We are renting a car at Shannon airport and making our way to Dublin eventually. The part I need help planning is this. We will be coming from the south of Dublin from Wilton Caslte. I really don't want to drive through the city or to the airport to drop the car off. And I really don't want to spend downtown prices on a hotel for 3 nights. Does anyone know an easy drop off point from Enniscorthy to Dublin, where I could still easily get to a place to stay. Keeping in mind I'd like to take the transit to city city and explore dublin easily.

I know it's a lot to read, thanks for your input.

Joe
Old Jan 1st, 2018, 04:23 PM

Hi Joe, check with your rental company to see if they have a drop off in Dun Laoghaire. You can take the DART into the city center from there, then the Air Coach to the airport.

Or you could keep the car and skirt north of the city to Malahide, where there are some nice B&Bs. You could take the train or bus into the city, then keep the car to get you the short distance to the airport. All of the car rental companies offer a shuttle from the drop off to the terminal.
Old Jan 2nd, 2018, 10:12 AM

Renting from Dan Dooley, we picked up a car in Dun Laoghaire. I would guess that they would accept a dropoff there near the DART station.