St Tropez Hotel

Old Apr 24th, 2006, 03:59 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
St Tropez Hotel

I'm in the midst of planning for the Riviera in June and can't seem to find one hotel in St Tropez for the nights I want to stay that's less than 300 euros/nt. Does anyone have any other ideas- lesser known hotels, B&Bs, or other bordering towns (close enough so I could spend the days & nights in St Tropez)that would be worth staying in? Thank you!
Old Apr 24th, 2006, 04:55 PM

In 2002, appalled as you are by the prices of more centrally located hotels in St. Tropez, we stayed at the Hotel Lou Troupelen on its outskirts. It wasn't expensive -- and still isn't, relatively speaking. It's only a 10 or 15 minute walk to the center of town. Our room was on the small side and fairly dark but it was clean and cool. Free parking too! http://art-concept.nuxit.net/lou-troupelen/index.htm

Old Apr 24th, 2006, 05:15 PM
Original Poster

Thanks. I heard of that hotel from another poster and tried to book online, but it seems that you have to call or fax them to reserve. Had some difficulty when I tried calling today. Got a voicemail. I will try again tomorrow. Any other ideas?
Old Apr 24th, 2006, 05:57 PM
Neopolitan

Have you checked the Hotel Sube, which is a delightful small hotel right smack in the middle of town right on the port?

Old Apr 24th, 2006, 06:25 PM

Lou Troupelen may not be open for the season yet. From my folder of other places I tried, I see Hotel Lou Cagnard and Hotel Columbier listed, which suggests I heard good things about them.

http://perso.wanadoo.fr/hotel.lou.cagnard.saint-tropez/
Old Apr 24th, 2006, 07:16 PM

I stayed at the Sube last year, and it's not inexpensive -- because it's the best location in St. Trop and worth every penny.
Old Apr 24th, 2006, 07:21 PM

I suggest that you get someone to help you write a fax request - generic - and fax it out to as many places as possible. Forget email. Or you can call. Better call like you're house is on fire or you might have to change your itenerary.

Ask all the questions you want answered.

I went through what you are going through now a full two weeks ago - I almost killed myself trying to find a room. You can forget finding anything in Aix - It's full.
Old Apr 25th, 2006, 07:42 AM

We always stay at Lou Troupelen when we stay in St Tropez for 5 days or less (rent an apt for longer stays). We've stayed there 5-6 times. We always FAX them in winter (when they are closed), and they FAX is right back when they check the "office" for any FAXes. This year, we did not receive any replies from them after 2 FAXes, se we booked at the Hotel des Lices
http://www.hoteldeslices.com/saint_tropez/chambres.html
The above URL is for the rooms - just go to the home page to start.

Stu Dudley
Old Apr 25th, 2006, 06:15 PM
Original Poster

Thanks everyone. I had a hard time for the last few days getting anything for the days I needed in Nice and St Tropez. I finally used venere.com and booked Les Cigales in Nice and Hôtel Le Mouillage in St Tropez. Neither were my top choices at all, but I couldn't be picky at this point! I did manage to book the Martinez in Cannes. I will post after my trip and let you know how they hotels were. Thanks for all the help.