St Goar B & B

Old Sep 23rd, 2007, 09:13 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
St Goar B & B

Hope someone can recommend a quiet and clean in St Goar preferably under 100 Euro.

Thanks,
Old Sep 23rd, 2007, 09:45 AM

We stayed in one of Walter Huppertz' apartments in St Goar for around 46 Euro a night in June 2006.

The apartment we were in was clean, spacious and nicely decorated. It was a short walk out to the river where I would sit with my coffee each morning.

The apartment was equipped with everything you would need even for an extended stay. It even had a washing machine!

The Rheinblick apartment on the top floor has a great view of the river but it was booked. The other apartments are nice too.

Mr. Huppertz met us at the train station and walked us to his apartments. He showed us 2 apartments that he had available and we picked the one we liked most.

I highly recommend Mr Huppertz apartments for your stay in St Goar.

The website is: http://www.mittelrhein-ferienwohnung...any/index.html

Have a great time in St. Goar!
Laurie
Old Sep 23rd, 2007, 03:45 PM

A short distance from St. Goar is the charming town of Bacharach. If you are after accommodations that save you even more money, try the youth hostel in Bacharach. It is a castle, perched at the top of the hill with a wonderful view of the Rhine. Rooms have been completely renovated and modernized. Breakfast is available in the cafeteria. Worth looking at if you have the flexibility to leave St. Goar.

Have a wonderful trip.
Old Sep 23rd, 2007, 03:51 PM

The Huppertz apartments are terrific, especially the Rheinblick. He keeps bottled drinks in the cellar for a reasonable price - bikes for guests are there too. Only a couple of blocks from the station, central to all. Mr. H. speaks good English as well.
Old Sep 28th, 2007, 01:21 PM

We spent a couple of nights at Hotel am Markt in St Goar, for 59Euro/double with ensuite/shower. It was clean and comfortable, though obviously not upscale. The restaurant was good as well. We left a bedroom window open and were not bothered by trains nor road traffic. (many hotels in Bacharach suffer from the train noises).
I would return to Am Markt with no problem at all.
http://www.hotel-am-markt-sankt-goar.de/
Old Sep 29th, 2007, 09:27 AM

I have not stayed at the Am Markt in St. Goar but I have read nothing but positive reviews about it. I did however have dinner there just a few nights ago and I can definitely recommend the restaurant. Excellent Jägerschnitzel mit Bratkartoffeln! Ben