air-conditioned apartments

Dec 24th, 2002, 11:31 AM
Sally

air-conditioned apartments

My husband and I are planning to be in Paris the first week in June. I understand that it can sometimes be very hot and muggy. Since I suffer from asthma, I was wondering if anyone has rented an air-conditioned apartment. Im just starting to do a search and have seen a few. We would like to stay in a one bedroom in the 6th or 7th. If you know of anything first hand I would surely appreciate hearing from you. Thanks!

Dec 24th, 2002, 12:22 PM
Patrick

Sally, I have just rented one for the end of July and first of August and had the same concern -- but not for the asthma.

Look at it at www.sant.com

It is privately owned and rented by someone in San Francisco whom I have had numberous chats with. He has warned that if we are used to super cold air-conditioning, it won't be that, but unless it is a really major heat wave it will keep the place very comfortable and you can keep the place shut up. My bigger concern is usually that I can't sleep with the windows open due to early morning and late at night noise.
This apartment looks very nice and has a great location!

Dec 24th, 2002, 12:23 PM
Patrick

Lest you think my chats were "numbing" that was a typo! I meant numerous.

Dec 24th, 2002, 08:52 PM
sandra

Patrick:
I will be very interested in your experience witht his a/c apartment. As i have suffered thru Paris with both asthma and street noise. Which district is this apartment in ? could you please add a little more info. Thnks

Buono NAtale

Dec 26th, 2002, 05:54 AM
Patrick

I have described the apartment and how I found it in greater detail in other posts. But you can look at it by going to its own website at www.sant.com
It is in the 6th, right on Blvd. St. Germain in a very nice building, just about 2 blocks from the intersection known as Odeon. There is a picture on the website with a great view looking across the street and up Rue du Four, which angles off St. Germaine directly across from this apartment. Because the traffic could be noisy, I am also glad it is air-conditioned and quiet, although it also has the advantage of some cross ventilation as the living room faces St. Germain, but the bedroom is on the back facing a quiet courtyard.