Search

spain with teens!

Search this Thread

Old Jan 5th, 2005, 08:45 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
spain with teens!

Hi there!

My husband and I are taking our two children 11(girl) and 14(boy) to Spain mid March. We fly into Madrid, and will spend 5 days with them in Spain before we fly them home. We will stay on. Hopefully, some of you have recommendations for travel ideas to do with the kids that will keep them interested. We are not opposed to tours, and would like to take them to Barcelona also. I welcome any advice, including recommendations for lodging. They travel well, and like adventure!
Thanks,
mjmom
Old Jan 5th, 2005, 09:05 AM

Im sure you'll get alot of other ideas but I'll suggest at least a day trip to Cordoba by the AVE train. The mosque/mezquita there is truly amazing. Seville would be close to there too and has a great Alcazar but I don't know if you plan to stay only in Madrid and Barcelona. Barcelona is great for just seeing the Gaudi sights - the church, park and various facades. If the weather is nice go for a bike tour in Barcelona - I think the teens would like that. From Barcelona you may want to go on a day trip to Figueras where they have the Dali museum - I would think teens would like that. Have a great trip! SueC1
Old Jan 5th, 2005, 09:40 AM
Original Poster

thanks Suec1! Abike ride through Barcelona is perfect as are the other suggestions. I'm just formulating now, so am not sure where all we should go.
Old Jan 5th, 2005, 09:53 AM

I think they would like the Parc Guell in Barcelona, as well as the Sagrada Familia by Gaudi.

You can see some of my Spain photos here:
http://community.webshots.com/user/lindilindi101
Old Jan 6th, 2005, 06:16 AM
Original Poster

Do you think we should rent a car to drive to Barcelona from Madrid, or train,bus, airplane option? We'll arrive early Sunday morning (9:00) which will still feel like the middle of the night. I thought it might be better to go straight to Barcelona to get the travel overwith while our time is still off, and then finish with Madrid. Any ideas?
Old Jan 25th, 2005, 03:57 PM
rex

Bringing your mesasge back up "to the top" - - more likely to net you additional useful information than the new post with the vacuous message header started today - - http://www.fodors.com/forums/threads...p;tid=34557001

Best wishes,

Rex