Reload this Page >

Best bets in Spain

Search

Best bets in Spain

Search this Thread

Old May 10th, 2002, 12:07 PM
Ruthann

Best bets in Spain

Any ideas on what to do if you only had 5 days in Spain? There are 4 of us who are going to Germany on Business and want to tack on a trip to Spain (we have done Germany and want some place new).

Old May 10th, 2002, 12:14 PM
John

Hi Ruthann,<BR><BR>It depends upon what your interests are. <BR><BR>Personally, I love Barcelona and the beaches just South like Sitges. Five days in Barcelona is never enough. If you are looking to split the five days, you might want to do Barcelona and Madrid. If you do Madrid don't miss Toledo, it is super.<BR><BR>

Old May 10th, 2002, 12:27 PM
jan

For a five-day trip, I might prefer to stay in the Barcelona area vs. Madrid, because there's a pretty wide variety of sights and activities. Barcelona is amazing. You can also take a day trip from there to see the monastery at Montserrat.

Old May 10th, 2002, 12:33 PM
Elaine

John -- I just made flight reservations for 10 days in Barcelona in two weeks. Since you said that 5 days in Barcelona is never enough, would you recommmend we spend all 10 nights there and do day trips, or travel around more? Also, do you have any favorite hotel or at least neighborhood to stay in Barcelona?

Old May 10th, 2002, 12:35 PM
Tony

Barcelona, Seville and Grenada.

Old May 11th, 2002, 11:27 AM
Lolita

Elaine- You can easily spend 10 days in Barcelona and not get tired of it. I went last year with my friend and it is the most amazing city-both day and night. We didn't do any day trips- but we stayed in the Gothic distric and I would recommend that area.

Old May 12th, 2002, 08:05 AM
John

Hi Elaine,<BR><BR>I would spend the time in Barcelona and do day trips - get to know the area. . . mountains to the north, beaches south. <BR><BR>You should probably consider a variety of layered clothing this time of year.<BR><BR>Agree with Lolita the gothic area is a good central location.<BR><BR>