Sound of Music

Aug 30th, 2007, 04:58 PM
Original Poster

Sound of Music

Hello,

I'm planning a first-time, last-minute trip to London and I noticed that the Sound of Music Sing-a-long is still playing. The movie is a childhood favorite of mine and I would love to go, but I'm just wondering if it's still well-attended? I know it's been playing for a while, and I don't think it would be nearly as much fun with a half-empty theatre.

Thanks.
Aug 30th, 2007, 07:00 PM

Do you mean the musical at the London Palladium? It still seems to be doing pretty well...I took in a Friday evening performance a couple of weeks ago and it was full....
Aug 30th, 2007, 07:08 PM

do you mean the musical "Sound of Music" -- OR -- the "Sing along Sound of Music"? Two entirely different things - and how!

I don't think you need to book ahead for the sing along - but the cinema definitely won't be empty.
Aug 30th, 2007, 07:31 PM

I LOVE this Musical, movie, sound track, etc...

I know it is hokey but if you are ever in Salzburg go on the tour!! You sing in the bus and see many beautiful places - My DH was aobut to croak but I loved it!! Have fun!
Aug 30th, 2007, 10:37 PM

www.singalonga.net/uk/london_dates.html#som - being a Nazi, nun or brown paper package tied up with string is de rigeur - unless you are a genuine Nazi, nun or brown paper package tied up with string in which case you'll have to dress up as something else
Aug 31st, 2007, 02:30 PM
Original Poster

Sorry, perhaps I wasn't clear enough. I'm referring to the Sing-a-Long Sound of Music at the Prince Charles Cinema.
Aug 31st, 2007, 02:50 PM

I think that is exactly what alanrow is referring to.
Aug 31st, 2007, 03:11 PM

As I mentioned in my original post, the cinema will not be empty because this is a very popular show. But you should be able to get tix. Your main concern seemed to be attendance . . . . . .

Sort of like the Rocky Horror Picture Show only cleaner.
Aug 31st, 2007, 06:30 PM
Original Poster

Thanks for the feedback! I know it's a bit off-beat, but I can't wait to go see it!
Sep 1st, 2007, 05:15 AM

I have attended the sing-a-along it is a great show good atomsphere dressing up is a must. They give you a bag of props and eveything really good fun. I have only been once. I could not get tickest the 1st time as it was a sell out, so I caught it the second time.
It has been in my town on 3 different times over the years and I know someone that has been all 3 times.] The last time was a few months back and they said it still had a large audience. Not likley to sell out but enough people should be there to create a good vibe.