Sorry, another SNCF question..?

Search

Search this Thread

Old Apr 17th, 2006, 08:09 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hi all, have read all I can about printing my own tickets and need some advice please. I have got to the stage where it says that I have a booking and I am about to proceed with payment (PREM ticket for two Dijon to CDG) and it says I have selected to print my own tickets, (even though I had to give an address and it wouldn't let put in any country except France) so at this stage I think perhaps I better go back to that practice "print your own ticket" page just to check... When I click on "try now - printing a ticket" it starts to open Acrobat and then comes up with a message saying "There are too many arguments!" An understatement I reckon! Anyway, I'm a bit worried because it has only asked for my personal details so far, I haven't had a chance to input my husbands anywhere? Does that not happen until I actually print them and should the test error message worry me or should I go just forge on? Grateful for anyone with personal experience, thanks.
Old Apr 17th, 2006, 08:20 PM

I wish I knew, too. Perhaps someone else could shed more light on this situation.
My experience to date has been to shy away from printing it myself.
Old Apr 17th, 2006, 10:06 PM

I have printed them successfully last year. If I recall, the sequence of pages was not what I expected. The info for the ticket was provided after everything was paid; then it asked for in whose names I wanted the tickets printed.

Having used both TrenItalia and SNCF sites, I expected backtracking of the sequence to be troublesome so I first went thru a dummy purchase up to when I had to enter personal info, then redid the process with real info making sure I would not have to backtrack.

It is not like buying at amazon, etc, where you can be in the checkout process, back track to add or substract items, and then resume the checkout process.
Old Apr 17th, 2006, 10:16 PM
Original Poster

Thanks Greg, that's just the reassurance I needed! Will have a go now....!
Old Apr 18th, 2006, 03:54 AM

ozgirl, in the case you really can't print them, I can receive them and keep them for you as we will meet in Dijon.
Old Apr 18th, 2006, 04:05 AM

You might try opening Acrobat Reader first, before you click on the print tickets...
Old Apr 18th, 2006, 04:26 AM

You will receieve an email with a link to click on to print the tickets. If you have trouble you can print them from any computer , say at work for example, just by clicking that link.
Old Apr 18th, 2006, 04:31 AM
Original Poster

Thanks everyone, had tried to go through with booking and then realised my son's credit card had expired! (My handbag was stolen last week so had none of my own!) Will try again as soon as replacement arrives, if the inclusion of other passenger's details comes after payment then that's fine, that's what I was trying to clarify. Coco, thanks for your offer, will keep that in reserve, looking forward to meeting you!
Old Apr 18th, 2006, 06:08 AM

Just to make sure you know, if you end up having to select to pick up the tickets at a station or office, you must produce the -same- credit card you used when buying them.
If you get to print them yourself, then it won't matter.
Old Apr 18th, 2006, 10:53 AM

I have always printed them after getting the email for confirmation, and I guess the link.

However, one thing you said sounds very odd to me -- saying that you had to give an address. I'm a US resident and have bought PREMS and did not ever have to give them an address. Perhaps you didn't read the information correctly, at what point does it say you have to give them an address? You can fill out some address boxes that are there, but it never says you have to. However, since it says you selected to print them yourself, it should be okay.

I just tested this out to see what people are referring to when they say they are forced to put in an address -- I even used the English site which I don't usually myself, to see if it did things differently. I also got a PREM ticket Paris-Dijon.

Nowhere on the entire thing did it say I had to put in my address, nor does it make you. It just doesn't. You can fill it in, as I said, they have boxes there, but you are not required to, and it doesn't say you are required to (it says something like please fill in this to complete or something, but this same page has asterisks with the fields that are mandatory, and none of those address fields are marked). The only mandatory thing is your name and email address
Old Apr 18th, 2006, 02:31 PM
Original Poster

Thanks Christina, just did another dummy run and you are right I don't have to enter address at all - I was just blindly filling in all the boxes! I'm pretty confident now, all I need is a valid credit card whilst there are still PREM fares and I'm ready to push the button!