Reload this Page >

Sorrento Hotel Advice

Search

Sorrento Hotel Advice

Search this Thread

Old May 30th, 2002, 05:14 AM
Melinda

Sorrento Hotel Advice

We're going to Sorrento late Sept. and are thinking about staying at the Continental Sorrento Hotel.....Anyone stayed there and have any comments on it? Don't know whether to pay more for the Bellevue Syrene (about US$70 more/night).....

Old May 30th, 2002, 06:16 AM
natasha

Melinda,<BR><BR>I really recommend Hotel Il Nido.<BR>I just loved it. I had a triple with a bathroom for 88 Euros/night. It had a sea view and a balcony. It is outside the town, up on the hill. They have a free shuttle into town.<BR>The website is www.ilnido.it if you are interested.

Old May 30th, 2002, 08:37 PM
cookie

We stayed at Hotel Tonnarella. It was a nice hotel, good restaurant, great view, but I though the staff was very condescending and made our stay uncomfortable.

Old May 30th, 2002, 08:51 PM
mike

i second the recommendation on il nido...the hotel is a bit far (10-15 min by car) but they have shuttle service running to town from 5:30 onwards and to the port in the morning...<BR><BR>we walked by bellevue syrene and it does offer a fabulous view...likewise for adjacent hotel named tramontano(sp?) but hotel exterior doesn't look all that impressive..<BR><BR>anyway there are tons of hotels in sorrento so finding one within your budget shouldn't be all that difficult...

Old May 31st, 2002, 04:12 AM
Arlene

Try the Ambasciatori Palace. It is less expensive than the Syrene and it has a pool. Get a seaview room. If you're interested, I can find you the website.

Old May 31st, 2002, 05:10 AM
jim and camille

malinda,<BR><BR>lots of great advise on this forum.<BR><BR>we stayed at the excelsior two years ago and it was fantastic but expensive. about $350 per night, but located in a park on the cliff by piazzo tasso. <BR><BR>for our return visit to sorrento we looked for a less expensive yet comparable hotel. we found several that met our needs:<BR><BR>ambasciatori about $225 per night<BR>riviera about $225 per night<BR><BR>and the winner...Tramontano at $207 per night. all choices have a pool,ac,private bath and great view.<BR><BR>the deciding factor was that the tramontano was more central to our interests. we think all are good choices. we like to walk through sorrento and not need a shuttle or taxi.<BR><BR>Note: the bellevue is highly regarded, but does not have a pool. if you don't need a pool then this could be a good choice.<BR><BR>jim and camille<BR>feel free to email with any questions

Old May 31st, 2002, 06:51 AM
Nancy

Dear Melinda,<BR><BR>We stayed at the Bellevue Syrene a year ago and loved the Hotel. You can't tell how beautiful it is from the outside - but the interior is elegant with gorgeous murals and paintings.<BR><BR>I'm not familiar with the other hotels -but the one key amenity where ever you decide is to have a balcony or terrace overlooking the bay and Mt. Vesuvious. <BR><BR>One morning get up just before sunrise and you will see a magical vista.<BR><BR>Enjoy,<BR><BR>Nancy<BR>

Old May 31st, 2002, 07:05 AM
Joanne

We love the Bellevue Syrene and that's our "home" when we are in Sorrento. Location is wonderful (Tramontano practically next door) with easy walking distance to Piazza Tasso, Circumvesuviana Train Station, many shops and restaurants. In addition to room terraces, there is a very large public terrace with tables and chairs. We often went there for a drink and loved the view out over the Bay of Naples and Vesuvio in the distance.<BR><BR>Breakfast is included and one of the best we have ever had in Europe. Beautiful dining room, with one wall all windows overlooking the bay. Wonderful way to start the day.<BR><BR>Both Bellevue Syrene and Tramontano have long interesting histories. If I can help further, please e-mail.<BR><BR>j

Old May 31st, 2002, 03:04 PM
Val

We stayed at Hotel Del Corso about $100/night. nothing special (basic room, good size). They had a good buffet breakfast and about a 5 min. walk to train station. I'd stay within walking distance to train stn if you will be using it to see sites like Pompeii, etc.