Are there any budget hotels

Jul 12th, 2003, 07:16 PM
Original Poster

Are there any budget hotels

in Sorrento? Please tell me about you stay there.
Jul 12th, 2003, 08:01 PM
dln

Janda, we're booked at Il Nido in Sorrento. It's 98 euros per night, with breakfast. My parents have stayed there before and said the owners are the friendliest people, the food's delicious, and view is to die for.

Apart from my parents personal recommendation, I also checked out other reviews of it on fodors, slowtrav, rick steves, tripadvisor, etc. and they were almost all glowing.

Jul 12th, 2003, 08:37 PM

We stayed at the Palazzo Starace in Sorrento, budget priced, clean and very central. About 10 min walk to the train and bus station. We had a nice large room with a balcony overlooking the main street - good for people watching! It is not a hotel, more like rooms for rent. Breakfast was included at a bar over the road - coffee and croissant.
Kay
Jul 14th, 2003, 07:46 AM

I concur with the Il Nido. The owner (Gianni) is so friendly. It is located just outside the city up in the hills - so it is quiet. The food there is excellent - although we ate in Sorrento most days. The hotel has a free shuttle service into/out of the center of town which goes every hour up till 11 (or you can take a taxi if you are impatient). You can also request he take you into/out of town. Their website says they charge you 5 euros for this - but he never charged us. They have A/C in the summer, and a superb view. We have travelled al over Europe, and I think this was probably my favorite Hotel experience. We were just there a couple of months ago. I would never stay anywhere else in Sorrento.
Jul 14th, 2003, 07:56 AM

Il Nido sounds very nice.

Janda, if Il Nido is booked or you want to stay in the heart of old town Sorrento (which we did), you might want to check out the Hotel Astoria. Nuthin' fancy, but it's inexpensive and has a great location...if you want to be right in town, that is.
Jul 14th, 2003, 07:56 AM
Original Poster

I have contacted the ll Nido and are waiting for their reply.. Hope they can give me a good rate.
Jul 14th, 2003, 08:02 AM

Forgot, some info on the Astoria at...

http://www.sorrentohotels.net/scheda...hotel=ast01824